100 E Youkoso!

Yatta! Welcome to the 100th post! Congratulations to me for reaching this centenary. It's only taken me 18 months to do it! /laugh So what goodies do I have in store for all you avid readers? Well, we will start with a nice 'Top 5' ranking list of quotes from my previous updates. I've looked through my old entries and picked out some gems for everyone to enjoy again. A few of them I'd forgotten writing but I had a good old chuckle re-reading them. OK, lets get on with the show!

********************************************************************************
1.) "I'd better bloody get a job or I'm going to petrol bomb the sodding place."
2.) "Makes me want to go hunt them down and hit them with a shovel."
3.) "Just give me a job or I'll cry!"
4.) "Atchoo!! Urgh, sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit."
5.) "I sound like I'm a serial killer in a quiet American suburb or something...bwahahaha! Where's my knife?"
********************************************************************************

As you can see, a couple of them are related to my current unemployed predicament. I did like number 4 a lot but since it wasn't really a quote from me I felt it couldn't be placed too high in the chart. Hmm... from looking at the chart you could say that I'm an insecure, jobless psychopath. /laugh

Here is a commemorative picture I made for the occasion. It's built up using 100 photos from my collection. The majority of it was from the trip to Ingleton Waterfalls a couple of days ago. I didn't quite have enough pictures to make 100 so I had to use a few from the previous trips to Grizedale and Beacon Fell.

OK now, it was originally meant to say "100" in the middle, with the photos as the numbers. Kind of like those big posters you see where a picture of say... Yoda, is made up of pictures from the Star Wars films. Except I couldn't quite pull it of. One - because it's not really big enough, and two - because I'm too lazy to rearrange all those pictures. /laugh So you'll just have to enjoy it for what it is.

Right, onto the main news. Last week I went for my job trial at Tesco. I arrived there and they immediately sat me down at the reception desk and a lady showed me what the basics were. She showed me how to answer the phones and what to do if someone wanted something. They also made me use the tannoy to speak to the whole store which was an interesting experience. One of them I was notifying customers of an offer at the opticians and another I was asking a member of the health and beauty department to contact reception. Such a strange experience to hear your voice being broadcast to the whole supermarket but it was fun. I was there for about and hour before the section manager took me off to discuss hours. Unfortunately the hours aren't quite suitable for me. 6am starts which would mean getting up at 5am to set off. They said they'd pass my application back to a different section to see if there were later start times available. I'm still waiting on their phone call but if they haven't called within the next few days I'll ring them myself.

Last Sunday my friend and I went for a trip to Ingleton Falls (where most of the photos came from). It was a nice sunny day which made the walk quite tough. The walk itself was very nice. Plenty of big waterfalls to see on the way, the main attraction being Thornton Force. This was a huge one that you could clamber behind. It's such a great feeling to be standing behind such a force of nature. It makes you want to leap out through the falling water and into the pool below. Unfortunately that probably would have resulted in death or severe breakage of bones so I resisted the temptation. The area around the falls was also very nice to look at. The Yorkshire Dales are well known for their Limestone pavements and the stuff was everywhere. We visited a lot of towns and villages on our day out. In Skipton we stopped for a Chinese meal from a take-away located in the town centre. I had the best vegetable singapore chow mein - much needed fuel after a hard day's walking. Mike had a chicken chow mein which he ate from the comfort of a plastic bag (not really, and don't ask /laugh). Very good day out.

I think that's about all I can manage. It's not quite as grand a post as I'd imagined but I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Here's to another 100 posts! Long live Kuroneko Doumei!

Posted byHocchan at 6:59 pm  

2 comments:

Anonymous said... 12:37 pm BST  

I thought that was a GRAND post! YEAH! I'm so glad I read it. The pictures are wonderful. That was a good idea to put them together like that. hmmm, inspires me to do a commemorative post, but I have no idea how many posts I have so far. (I haven't noticed a tally in LJ) Congrats on your 100th post! And cheers to 100 more!

Hocchan said... 2:12 pm BST  

Well, you know what good marketing is like. Hypes up the product to breaking point and then disappoints everyone when it finally arrives. /laugh

Post a Comment