Samui Kara Fuyu Da Mon

Yesterday was cold as hell (oxymoron!). So cold in fact it started to snow. I haven't seen it snow in my town for several years now so it was quite a treat to see it falling. Unfortunately living by the sea means that most of it doesn't stick. It just gets melted away by the salt from the sea water. Still, we had a small covering of snow for a couple of hours at least. My friend and I weren't content with this pitiful offering though, oh no. We headed for the hills in an attempt to find a full blown blizzard. We found the snow but it wasn't quite as heavy as I'd hoped. The cold meant that most of the small ponds had frozen over with a layer of ice. We had some great fun breaking holes in them. As we were about to head back when the weather intensified slightly and we did experience a mild blizzard (maybe it wasn't quite that heavy). Most of the clouds which brought the snow have gone now but I'm hoping we'll see some more before the winter ends.

Had no luck for the past couple of nights trying to run FFXI. I think I may have it running now though. It's actually getting past the version check so I can update after yet another full re-install I did today. The file check also works so maybe, just maybe it's going to run this time. I'd better not jinx it though, I'd hate for it to crash again after all this. I've wasted so many hours on fixing this already. I've installed new graphics drivers, changed firewalls and back, defragmented my hard disk several times, re-installed the game twice, used system restore several times, and spent hours searching the internet for solutions. After all that nothing changed. But for some reason today, just after I'd re-installed POL the file check feature started working again. I installed FFXI and tried to update and it did! So I'm praying everything is fixed now. Of course I still have to install the 3 expansion packs and update them but fingers crossed! Pray for me.

Posted byHocchan at 9:18 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment