Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin

After many months of hearing absolutely nothing from Student Finance Direct, I've finally received my Final Notification letter from them. I can't believe it took a whole week to get delivered to me. Seriously, Second Class post doesn't take that long does it? Oh well, I've got it now and that's all that matters. I was really happy to see that I'm getting the full loan and grant for university. All I have to do is sign the declaration and I'll get my money after enrolling in September.

That's one less thing to worry about now. I've still got to hear from the university about my accommodation. I've sent them the signed contract along with the reservation fee for the room. Hopefully, everything will be fine and I'll get news of my moving in day, key collection details, etc. quite soon. Once that's all sorted it'll be plain sailing to September.

I recently opened a bank account with Halifax. It's a really basic account. And when I say basic I really mean basic. You can't even use the branch counters to pay in money to your account. I don't really have much choice though as my credit rating is pretty bad and they rejected my application for a student account. I'm going to use this basic account for awhile and then see about upgrading at a later date.

Meanwhile, the 2008 UEFA European Football Championship has just started and I've been watching the opening matches. There aren't any teams from the UK or Ireland taking part this year due to our dire performances. The upside to this is that we won't have to worry about being disappointed by another crappy England team. My money is on Portugal to win the tournament. They looked very slick in their opening match against Turkey.

Posted byHocchan at 9:51 pm  

2 comments:

Mrs, Samaripa 10/10/08 said... 4:08 pm BST  

Wow! I know it seems like the time has been going by slowly but soon you'll be going to university! How cool is that?! When do you actually start classes? I bet your bouncing off the walls with anticipation! I'm excited for you!

Hocchan said... 6:37 pm BST  

I get to move into my new flat on 13/14th September, then it's induction week from 15-21st, finally starting lessons on 22nd.

It's getting quite close now. I've been counting down the days via that Facebook application.

I'd say I'm as excited about starting university as you are about getting married! /laugh

Post a Comment