Nan Ya De!!?

Well, inspired by 'Yakitate!! Japan' I decided that I would try to bake my own bread. I used the ingredients and recipe from the Suihanja-pan episode. The first attempt wasn't the best but it was edible at the very least. I think I left it in the oven for too long, and at too high a temperature. The second attempt I reduced it to gas mark 5 and baked it for a shorter period of time. This batch looks better on the outside but for some reason hasn't risen as much as the first lot. They look more like big scones than bread rolls. Maybe I didn't add enough flour to the mixture or maybe I didn't knead the dough enough but they seemed to flatten when left alone on the tray. Still, they taste alright and it's an improvement on the first lot. I think I'll try again soon, but only after the current stockpile has been eaten or I'll be buried under bread. /laugh

Posted byHocchan at 2:03 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment