Attention Please

Just because I'm kind of bored at the moment while I'm downloading the first episode of "1 Litre of Tears" I've decided to write some random stuff down in here. Not exactly sure what I'll write but I can just make it up as I go along. In fact I remember an entry in my old, handwritten journal that was just me trying to beat a personal page record by talking about completely trivial things. It was so much fun so I'm going to pay homage to it right here, right now with this entry.

Right now the Eagles in concert is on BBC1 and I'm just chilling out, listening to some pretty good music. I've never actually consciously liked their music but from what I've heard tonight it's quite comfortable on the ears. Anyway, I digress, I didn't want to talk about the Eagles, I wanted to talk about a new Japanese drama series that I'm watching at the moment. It's called "Attention Please" and stars Ueto Aya as a young woman training to become a cabin attendant. It's a very recent series which is still airing currently over in Japan and it seems to be popular. It's actually a remake of a 1970s drama series of the same name. I haven't seen that version, however, but I'm sure Ueto Aya's rendition of Misaki is just as good. She does her usual good job of acting very cute and sweet. I feel she's taken to this character a lot better than when she did Oka in "Ace wo Nerae". It just seems to fit her personality more. Some may say that this is the usual Japanese drama fair of rebellious girl becomes confident, upstanding citizen but in my opinion, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. The comedy moments are very well done and the touching moments are just in the right places to balance it out. I like the co-stars in this series very much and I think they do a great job in their supporting roles, particularly the part of Mikami sensei (played by Maya Miki). I have very high hopes for this series and I can't wait to watch the rest of it. Oh, and the cover of "Pretty Woman" by Kaela Kimura as an ending theme is genius!

Oh man, the current download speed is still only 27Kb/s. It's going to be a few hours yet until it finishes. I don't think I can physically type for that long. Hopefully the rate will pick up soon like it usually does when using Torrent. The thing is I really want to watch "1 Litre of Tears" as I've read some good things about it. It has been compared to "A Beautiful Life" in terms of pure, tear-jerking sadness. The story is based upon the real life diary of a girl diagnosed with an incurable disease at the age of 15. She wrote a diary so she could remember the memories for as long as she could before she died. I've tried to search for a translated version of the multi-million copy selling book released as a result of her diary but there doesn't appear to be one. I'm really praying that someone will translate it in the future as I'm sure the words she wrote can teach us all a great lesson about our own lives.

Posted byHocchan at 12:09 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment