Faito, Oh!

It's been an eventful week. First off came Gokusen, a new drama I've started to watch. It's about Yamaguchi Kumiko, a keen school teacher who starts her first teaching job at Shirokin high school. Unfortunately for her she gets stuck with class 3-D, who turn out to be a bunch of delinquent students which are on the verge of getting kicked out of school. In spite of this she still believes they can all achieve a lot more than people expect them to. She declares in the first episode that she will get every single one of them to graduate. To complicate this further it is revealed that Kumiko is actually a 4th generation heir to a Yakuza family. She must keep her true identity a secret otherwise it is almost certain she will get fired. At first the students don't pay any attention to her, preferring to do their own thing in class. After awhile, however, through persistence (and a lot of stern telling-offs) they slowly begin to warm to their new teacher.

This drama makes a nice change from the previous ones I've been watching as it's a lot more fun and light hearted. I particularly love the way there are funny little sound effects to go with movements of the hand or face. I also like the way Kumiko sometimes address the viewer with little comments on her thoughts. Nakama Yukie does a good job of playing a Yakuza teacher. The way she'll switch to gangster talk when she gets angry is brilliant and a joy to watch. I'll definitely be watching out for her other dramas.

Just last Wednesday there was the October update for FFXI. It had been announced ages ago and it was high time it appeared. The big reason for wanting this particular update was the new abilities and adjustments to the Samurai job. We now have Hasso (an ability which adds lots of STR, haste and accuracy) and Seigan (an ability which vastly improves Third Eye) in our arsenal. I've been having a good time experimenting with them in the game and I'm very happy they've added so much. There are some morons who still complain it's not enough but I totally disregard their arguments. Bloody moaning sods is all they are!

PS. Happy Birthday to my friend, Mike, who turned 22 last Wednesday!

Posted byHocchan at 10:08 pm  

1 comments:

Anonymous said... 6:00 pm BST  

the new banner looks great! You are right, it is very colorful. Had to check and see how you are doing. It sounds like the new FFXI update is cool. I still gotta see about getting my character back for December. I really want to do the secret santa thing. Plus, Zan's been playing VP so much that I might actually get a moment to play FFXI even though I have forgotten nearly everything *sigh* at least I can come back for the events. Halloween event is going on now! *cry*

Post a Comment