Pengin!

The girls have gone all Chobits on us in this week's Haromoni@ and have dressed up in Victorian-style dresses. I believe the proper term for this type of clothing in Japan is Lolita fashion. Needless to say, there are plenty of lacy frills everywhere along with a plethora of cute ribbon bows for good measure. Personally, I don't particularly like this sort of fashion but they do look quite pretty in those outfits. I guess as long as you don't wear them all the time it's perfectly fine. I think either Jun Jun's or Tanaka Reina's dresses look the best. I like the way the dark fabric is accentuated with the white and pink lace. Hmm...I must subconsciously have a thing for Gothic Lolita! Does that make me officially weird? Probably.

My favourite clip of the episode happens to be the first one shown. I love anything that involves katana or Kenjutsu so this video was a real treat. It starts with a practitioner slicing through five vertical tatami rolls in two strokes. That katana must be pretty sharp considering how smoothly he cut through them. He then moved onto other items chosen for dissection. They filmed everything with super-slow motion cameras and it made the whole thing more spectacular. First he sliced the top off a cabbage, then a grapefruit and finally a raw egg. I think the egg got the best result as the blade cut through the shell relatively cleanly. At the end he cut a bottle of water into two but it was hard to see anything due to the water gushing out. Having seen all these I can kind of imagine what it'd look like to slice someone's scalp off. But I doubt they'd ever televise that on Haromoni@...

There was quite a good Doi Takako appearance this week. It involved some Enemy of the State-style satellite tracking. They typed 'Doi Takako' into Google Earth and it zoomed in from a image of the Earth right down to the queue outside a ramen shop where Takako was. Last bit was fake obviously but it was quite funny. There was also a new corner from Reina that imitated a home shopping channel. It featured a pearl curry that was white. It looked more like a cheese sauce than curry. I'd like to try it sometime. After this Jun Jun returned with her Air-??? skit. This time it was quite an accurate representation of Spiderman. Surprisingly Reina didn't get this one and it was Mitsui Aika who answered correctly.

The show ended with a memory test for Lin Lin. Her challenge was to memorise the names of twenty different fish. I'd completely fail at this task as all fish look pretty much the same to me. Lin Lin didn't seem to have any problems with it though. There was one slight slip-up on fourth fish but she recovered quickly. After she'd cleared them all they voted on her rating. Everyone gave her a star except Aika who didn't like the challenge to her throne /laugh. Despite everyone's disapproval she refused to give Lin Lin the final star. Seems like Aika's developing a more confident, confrontational personality which I'm happy about. Just hope she doesn't turn into another Fujimoto Miki. That would suck.

There we have it, another synopsis done and dusted. There were relatively few videos on this week's episode so it wasn't too hard to pick my favourites. Anyway, back to my other task before work starts to pile up again. After this Sunday's episode that'll make six episodes in total for me to tally until I'm caught up. I'd better make a start on them or I may never get it completed.

Posted byHocchan at 4:47 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment