You Can't Escape From It

What am I referring to? Corruption is perhaps too strong a word... preferential treatment though would be accurate. I recently decided to join another end game linkshell on Final Fantasy XI. I did this rather cautiously as I've had a bad experience with a previous linkshell of the same nature. I was convinced that the people in this latest one were good and honest. However, tonight's incident has left me dubious as to that claim.

There was an event planned today; the linkshell's first Kirin NM attempt. I arrived early, as did a few other people. That's part of the rules - turn up on time. Just a shame that other people don't seem to follow the same clock. A whole hour had passed and we still had people not ready. Fine, you don't have to turn up early. But at least be considerate and turn up on time. It's really irritating to have to wait for people because they don't have the same consideration to other members as you do. What's the point of me turning up early then? I might as well spend an extra hour doing something I want to do rather than standing around like a muppet.

Now tardiness I can just about live with. Unfairness, on the other hand, I despised more than anything. If we were able to kill Kirin then there would be a possibility of some worthwhile items dropping. One of these was a Dryadic Abjuration body that's needed to make a Shura Togi. Now, I wasn't in any position to be able to lot for that item but no one else wanted it. Therefore it went to free lot. Great, I might have a chance of getting it after all. But the strangest thing happened. Almost three hours later when we finally killed Kirin, the Dryadic Abjuration body actually dropped. Fantastic, I thought! Not fantastic. Without warning, it was suddenly announced that the item was no longer free lot and would be instead going to the linkshell leader. Who, as it happens, didn't even show up to the event until two hours after the start time. Just what the hell is going on?

I understand that I'm a new member. I also understand that I didn't really have a good chance of getting this item. However, I do not understand why an item would suddenly change from free lot just because the leader shows up. Their rules clearly state:

"If [you're] late at "Item Call" you can still raise your hand to vote up until the God is popped".

This person arrived well after Kirin had been spawned. It was below 50% health in fact before he arrived. So why does he suddenly get exclusive rights to the item? I can only think of one reason; one rule for them, another for us.

The whole thing has ruined the night for me and that's a shame because the fight was a lot of fun. I don't want to be one of those people who moans about not getting an item from end game. But I cannot stand by and forget this blatant disregard for the rules. I'm going to give them one more chance. But if I see another display of such unfair practice again, I'm gone.

Posted byHocchan at 3:36 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment