I Want Nobody, Nobody But You

This is becoming a bit of a bad habit. I've been seriously neglecting my blogging duties of late and I need to rectify this problem. So what better way to kick-start my blogging revival than with a brand-spanking new post?! I'm still not entirely sure what I'll write about yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out as I go along.

I guess I can start by talking about the past few weeks of university. I've been quite busy with a 1,500-word essay in Asia Pacific and a 15-minute paired presentation in Background to Japan. The essay took about two weeks in total to get completed. It was quite a struggle to write as I've not written anything academic for almost five years now. I was quite worried about getting the whole referencing thing right. I think I've done it correctly but I can't be sure until the results come back. I'm hoping that I'll get at least 40% on it (since that's the minimum pass mark). Anything about 50% and I'll be extremely happy.

The paired presentation was also quite daunting. I'm not exactly the most confident person in the world, so the thought of standing up on stage in front of fifty-odd people and delivering a presentation was nerve-racking. My partner and I were up until 3:00AM on the night before the presentation trying to get it finished. We had to get up four hours later at 7:00AM to put the final touches to it. Thankfully, all our hard work paid off and we managed to do quite well. It was such a good feeling at the end once it was over with. Now I can relax for the rest of the semester and watch everyone else's presentations.

One problem I seem to be having at the moment is the lack of money /laugh. I know that the stereotypical student is always short of money but I didn't expect myself to be in that position. I've got to survive on £100 for the next few weeks until my scholarship payment arrives. This means lots of instant ramen and cheap meals. I can't wait for January when my next loan instalment arrives...

Well, I think that'll do for the time being. I don't want to exhaust all my material in one post /laugh. I'm going to do my best to update this blog again within 2-3 days. I promise to throw my Horie Yui CD out of the window if I don't!

Posted byHocchan at 2:05 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment