Watashi No Ichi Nichi

Guergh...somehow I've managed to catch a cold these last couple of days. I think it might have something to do with the freezing weather we've been having lately. It's not too bad though - all I've had is a sore throat, which developed into a chesty cough after a couple of days. It's been more of an annoyance than anything else. I hope it'll be gone by the start of next week.

I've been playing Rogue Galaxy this week. It's enjoyable for the most part, but it doesn't half piss you off sometimes. The main gripe I have is with the battle system. I was expecting it to be a turn-based RPG when in fact it's definitely an action RPG. That wouldn't normally be so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that the AI that controls your party characters is retarded beyond belief. They'll just stand around getting hit when they should be defending. Not that defending does anything, mind you. Seems like 90% of the enemies' attacks cannot be blocked. And that's a major problem when there's not much in the way of armour in the game. You can easily die within a few hits if you're not careful, and that's the thing that annoys the hell out of me. As for the story, it's certainly very entertaining so far. The English voice acting is surprisingly decent (except for one extremely irritating American teenage girl). I'll just keep grinding my way through it and hopefully the niggles will disappear eventually.

Posted byHocchan at 3:14 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment