Easter Can Go Die

There's something about the Easter period that makes it completely mess up my life. This year's Easter holiday was one of the worst ever. No sooner had I broken up for Easter than I was struck down with a nasty case of Mumps. I had heard that it was going around the university but I wasn't too worried about catching it. In hindsight, considering I had a flatmate who had caught it a couple of weeks before, I should have gone and got myself vaccinated. But I didn't. So I ended up with cripplingly painful, swollen saliva glands. It was agony to eat anything. I also ended up with a massive fever and couldn't do anything. Although the fever only lasted a few days, the swelling stayed for over two weeks. The worst thing was that I ended up with a second fever towards the end of the illness, like it was giving me a farewell present.

As a result, I didn't manage to get any of my essays done during the Easter holidays. This meant that I had to cram all the work into a single week - not a fun experience, let me tell you. Thankfully, I somehow managed to get everything done by working day and night. I even managed to get some revision time in. I'm glad to say that I've now completed a majority of my exams and handed all my assignments in. Just a couple more exams on Friday and I'll be finished for the semester, and indeed the first year. I can't really believe that it's gone so quickly. It's kind of flown by without me realising. I've enjoyed it immensely, though. I consider 2001 to be one of the best years of my life, and the last eight months to be just as good. I've made some very good friends during that time and had a lot of fun. I just hope that my second year will be just as enjoyable.

As a sort of reward for finishing the first year, a couple of friends and I are heading over to Hanover, Germany to compete in a Mahjong tournament. We'll be flying out on the 22nd May and staying for the weekend. Due to our limited budgets, we've decided not to book any accommodation whilst we are there. Instead we'll be sleeping in the airport. I'm not entirely sure how well this is going to work out but I'm optimistic that it'll all be fine. As for the tournament, since it's our first time playing against other people I'm not sure if we'll be up to scratch. However, I'll be happy as long as I don't end up last. In any case, it'll be a nice trip over to Germany. We'll have a bit of time to do some sight-seeing before the tournament so that should be interesting. I can't wait to go!

Posted byHocchan at 5:19 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment