Mou Isshuukan

I'm pleased to say that all of my PVC figures have now arrived; a whole week sooner than I expected. The last item to arrive was the Clalaclan Noir Ver. figure on Monday. The figures from Hong Kong didn't take nearly as long as I thought they would, and the delivery from Japan via SAL took only eight days to get here. I'm glad to see that they're all genuine products and not bootlegs (especially since a few were from eBay). My favourite has to be the 1/6 scale Kos-Mos figure. The sheer size of it gives it a tremendous presence, and the detail on Kos-Mos's outfit is fantastic. I particularly like the way they've rendered her hair in a translucent plastic. My second favourite is the Clalaclan figure. I really like the black and purple colour scheme of her dress, and the slight see-through effect on the stockings gives it a nice touch.

Although I said that I wouldn't be buying any more figures until the end of June, I've made an exception and bought another one from Hobby Link Japan. The store is having a massive one-year anniversary sale and I couldn't resist. The prices are just too good to miss. This is the one I bought:

Creators' Labo #016 Jingai Makyo Ignis 1/7 scale (Yamato)

It's a nice looking figure with an energetic-looking pose. It also comes with cast-off features which will be interesting to play with /laugh. It's not been sent yet so I expect it'll arrive towards the end of May.

It's now only a week until I head off to Hanover, Germany to compete in the Mahjong tournament. I'm getting slightly nervous about the trip but I don't expect there to be any problems. I still have to type out a rough itinerary for the trip so that we know what we're supposed to be doing at any given time. I also still need to buy a small German phrasebook from Amazon so that we can communicate with the locals if we need to. In the meantime, we've been playing lots of games of Mahjong to get us ready. I don't want to jinx myself but it appears that my luck is finally picking up after a small slump. I hope that it continues to get better over the next week and that it holds up during the tournament. After all, I don't want to embarrass myself in Hanover.

Posted byHocchan at 9:09 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment