Plastic Fantastic

My wallet isn't very happy about it, but I seem to have found a new obsession. I've become addicted to buying PVC figures of anime/game characters. I've bought a total of five in just the past two weeks. I think I've spent almost £200 on the whole lot. So far, only the first figure that I bought has arrived. The rest are still on their way from various places around the world. I expect that they'll be here in the next couple of weeks. These are the figures that I'll be expecting in the post soon:

Clalaclan Noir Ver. 1/8 Scale (Kotobukiya)
KOS-MOS Swimsuit Ver. 1/6 Scale (Alter)
Himekuri Image Girl Moda Bianca Ver. 1/7 Scale (Kaiyodo)
Nagato Yuki Swimsuit Ver. 1/8 Scale (Alter)

And this is the figure that has arrived already:

Onodera Karen Swimsuit Ver. 1/8 Scale (Good Smile)

I've decided to put my foot down firmly and forbid myself from buying any more figures until at least the end of July. Otherwise, I might find myself completely out of money by the end of May at this rate.

One thing that I have learnt during this whole experience is that the British postal system is infinitesimally better than the rest of the world's - especially the USA's. You wouldn't believe how much it costs to have stuff sent overseas from America. It's bloody arsehole-ish! Over thirty-stinking-turd-Dollars to post a small parcel to the United Kingdom?! If you were sending it from the United Kingdom to America, it would only cost $15 at most. What the bloody hell!? Not only is it slower, it costs a hell of a lot more. I really don't understand why they charge so much for an inferior service. It makes it financially impossible for anyone to buy stuff from America. In any case, sort it out!

Posted byHocchan at 5:45 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment