Hand Made CITY

The Autumn 2007 Morning Musume concert DVD was released a few days ago and I watched it last night. Having been slightly disappointed with their Morning Curry and Sexy 8 Beat concerts, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy this one or not. Thankfully, I liked it a lot more than the previous tours. It seems like the small stages are here to stay for the foreseeable future, something that I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand, it gives a more 'intimate' feeling to the concert, but on the other, it's not the same energy output as a big arena. Still, they've made good use of the space that's available. The current nine member line-up makes for an easy formation of 3x3 plus a Viyuden member each. The costumes this time around were a lot less 'wacky' than previous tours. Well, unless you count that odd yellow and green combo in the encore. All that fake fur must have been bloody hot to wear whilst dancing...

The concert opens with Bon Kyu! Bon Kyu! Bomb Girl which is an OK song but nothing special. However, the next song is Mikan which sounded so damn good it sent chills down my spine. It really does sound awesome when performed live. As if that wasn't enough, it's followed by Hand Made City which rocked so much the hall almost collapsed. It's probably my favourite performance from the DVD. After introductions they perform Kacchoiize! Japan, Please! Jiyuu No Tobira and Kanashimi Twilight. Then came one of my all time favourite MC sections of any concert ever! A short segment consisting of Michishige Sayumi asking Tanaka Reina, Kamei Eri, Jun Jun and Lin Lin a question about Christmas. Sayumi did brilliantly at shooting down everyone's answers. The best bit was definitely the "Wow-oh wow-oh wow-oh wow-oh...ne?" thing she did to Reina. The look she gave to the camera was unbelievably alluring. It probably infuriated Sayumi-haters but for me, it was pure heaven.

Up next was Kusumi Koharu with Chance! from Kirarin Revolution. Whilst Koharu is normally too 'hyper' for my liking, I have to say it works quite well in a concert. The costume change halfway through the performance was superb to watch. After Koharu's song we had Jun Jun and Lin Lin performing the fifth generation classic Sukina Senpai. They could never beat the prodigiousness of the original but I think they did a decent job of it. Shanimuni Paradise followed, along with Ikimasshoi! and an MC section with Niigaki Risa and Takahashi Ai. Then we had the Viyuden part of the concert. I'm not particularly a big fan of theirs but it was enjoyable enough.

The puppet VTR was pretty amusing. I particularly liked the Miyoshi Erika reactions and Ishikawa Rika's 'Happy!' finish. The costumes for the next few songs (Gyutto Dakishimete, How Do You Like Japan?, Shabondama and Nature Is Good) were my favourite outfits of the night. Another short MC section and we're onto the last three songs (Ambitious! Yashinteki De Ii Jan, Go Girl ~Koi No Victory~ and Love & Peace! Hero Ga Yattekita), followed by the encore of Hello To You ~Hello! Project 10-shuunen Kinen Theme, Onna Ni Sachi Are and Bon Kyu! Bon Kyu! Bomb Girl again.

Overall, I'd rank this concert as one of the best. I felt it was a nice return to form for Morning Musume and it reminded me how good the current members are. It's going to be a good year for them, I can feel it!

Posted byHocchan at 8:46 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment