Woah! Balance Is Everything

If you're a regular reader you may have noticed a different look to the blog. It all came about after I learned some new skills with GIMP v2.4. One thing I never understood was the concept of 'masking' until I read a tutorial on how to do it. After a few trial runs I managed to get the hang of it. It's all quite simple once you know how. I also wanted to try out some custom brushes while I was at it. They're a lot of fun to mess around with. The end result was so good I decided to make it my main header picture. It wasn't all plain sailing though. My first file got messed up because I saved it in .psd; which GIMP didn't know how to handle properly. I had to start over from scratch and make it again. Thankfully, the second version turned out a lot better. I'm pretty pleased with the new look. I've been spending hours the last couple of days trying to make new forum signatures with my newly acquired knowledge. None of them have been any good, save for the one below. I need more practice...

It's almost time for me to return to the world of Final Fantasy XI. I'm waiting until the beginning of March before going back. I'll have been gone for two months by then. The break definitely did me a lot of good. The end of last year wasn't very enjoyable to say the least. Pretty dumb to keep playing a game that makes you bored or irritated, right? I'm leaving past events behind and going back completely refreshed. I want to set some rules for myself this time to prevent the same thing happening again. Luckily the next version update is arriving in early March so that'll give me a lot of new things to do. Hurrah!

There's not much to report in the world of Hello! Project that hasn't already been covered by a million other people. All that needs to be said is that I'm loving the new Berryz Koubou single (and Tokunaga Chinami), the recent Kamei Eri 'scandal' is pure bullcrap, I'm sad to hear Uta Doki! will be coming to an end, and I wish I had lots more money so I could order one of those custom photobooks from Photobook On Demand. Oh well, at least I've got Haromoni@ to watch tomorrow morning, yay! I'll try and find more interesting things to write about for my next entry. It's become rather difficult to think up new ideas lately. Must be a sign of decreased brain activity.... It's all Test the Nation's fault! Damn you, Anne Robinson and Phillip Schofield!

Posted byHocchan at 8:41 pm  

3 comments:

Eric Montgomery said... 2:55 am GMT  

May your return be swift and enjoyable. Though, you may have to talk to me through /tells on those odd times that I'm on now... (;.;) school and what not.

If only FFXI could run on a mac >_<

Mrs, Samaripa 10/10/08 said... 1:17 pm GMT  

Curious, what font are you using for your text in that image of the naked girl (*GRIN*). I've been looking for that font for ages, I don't have it on our photoshop, unless I've missed it. Would be a gorgeous font for wedding invitations...

Hocchan said... 6:58 pm GMT  

I'll have you know she's full dressed. This is positively conservative compared to some... >.>; It's called "Scriptina (TrueType)". Not sure if it's a standard font or a custom one I downloaded. If downloaded it's probably from www.dafont.com

Post a Comment