Dakishimete, Dakishimete!

I decided to sign into my Final Fantasy XI account yesterday, just to see who was on. I didn't sign into my character - I'd have to renew my content ID to do that - just into PlayOnline. I happened to see one of my old friends online so I sent them a quick message to see how things were going. They informed me that the linkshell I was part of was no longer around. It came as a bit of a shock but, I suppose, it wasn't unexpected. When you spend six months away from the game things change. And the linkshell itself had been going for many years already. Many core members had slowly gone their separate ways during that time so an eventual split was perhaps inevitable. It does make me quite sad but I still plan on returning to the game over the Easter holidays, and perhaps more permanently over the summer and into the second year of university.

Did I ever mention how bad the British Rail service is? Well, I'm going to mention it now in any case. Yesterday, I came back home via train, as usual. Only this time I'd arrived at the train station earlier than usual, which put me right in the middle of rush hour. There were quite a few people standing on the platform, waiting for the same train as I was. You'd think that during the peak hours they would have trains with plenty of carriages to accommodate the passengers, right? But not according to British Rail. They sent a train with a piddly two carriages; carriages which were so old they required a conductor to open the bloody doors for you! Half the people (including me) had to stand in the luggage bay in order to fit on the train. It wasn't until near the end of the journey that I managed to get a seat. It's safe to say that I won't be catching a train at rush hour ever again.

There's another British institution that I have problems with, and that's Royal Mail. I'm sure I've written about their sub-par service before. It's finally gone and done it this time though. About three weeks ago I received a letter from Student Finance asking me to sign a form and return it. This form is the last step of my application for a loan next year, and without it, I won't receive any money. I hastily signed the form and sent it via recorded delivery. Two weeks later, I check to see if the letter had been delivered. It hadn't. I keep checking everyday but nothing changes. The bastards have gone and lost the single most important letter that I'll be sending this year! Are they intentionally trying to screw me out of my student loan or what? Goddamn whores! You'll be certain that I'm going to claim every penny of compensation out of them for losing my letter.

Posted byHocchan at 5:59 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment