Urs!!

Somehow, despite promising myself that I wouldn't let myself get short of money again this semester, I've found myself...well, short of money. It probably has something to do with the fact that I bought myself a new TV during the start of the term, as well as some new clothes and shoes a few weeks later. The damage deposit on next year's accommodation has also taken up a fair chunk of my remaining money. At least this time I've left myself a small amount of reserve cash in a savings account so I have that to fall back on. I don't think I'll have to use that though, as long as I don't buy unnecessary things and save all my money for essentials. There's only about three weeks until the next scholarship payment arrives so it shouldn't be too hard to survive until then.

In the meantime, I have quite a lot of work to keep me occupied. I have a couple of essays to finish before the end of next week, and a timed essay on Monday. The essay will be interesting, seeing as how it's all going to be Japanese. I'd better revise some of the key vocabulary and kanji before the test, just in case. As for the essays, I don't foresee any problems with them. I'm about halfway through the first (I really should have finished it by now) with about 700 words to go. I haven't even started researching for the second essay yet but I can delay that until Easter if I really have to. That would give me time to concentrate on my Japanese portfolio which I've been neglecting. I'd like to make some sort of role-play video with a few of my friends and include that as a speaking task. I'd also like to include some sort of kanji exercise this time. I'll get started on it next week, I think.

My luck in Mahjong has been pretty dire recently. I don't know if it's the tail-end of the immense winning streak that I was on before or not, but it's been downhill for quite a few games now. I don't think I'm doing anything differently from before but I just can't seem to complete hands any more. I'd hate to think that my previous wins were purely down to luck but it's looking like that may be the case. On the other hand, though, if it was pure luck then surely I'd have won something by now. It's just a matter of probability after all. I guess I'll just have to ride out this rough patch and keep playing until my luck returns. Perhaps it's retribution for that Ryuu Iisou...?

Posted byHocchan at 8:33 pm  

1 comments:

Rashai said... 10:09 am GMT  

Yoroshiku ne..
Just stumbled upon your blog when browsing some anime.

Good luck with your essay and Mahyong, ganbatte ne..
Cheers..

Post a Comment