Those That Fight Further

Funny thing Valentine's Day. It somehow always makes you depressed if your on your own. The last entry was proof of that. I didn't intentionally want to make it sound so depressing but it seemed to come across that way. Still, it was fun reminiscing about times past. But enough with that! This entry will be more upbeat and happy. Yoshu, ikuzou!!! O~~~~~~u!!

The Promathia Missions are moving along nicely. Kalm went to fight Diabolos for 3-5 last Monday and I was allowed to tag along with them. The trip to the BC area was pretty uneventful, just some short teleports around Pso'Xja. The fight itself was far from boring though! /laugh Diabolos is one tough cookie. Took 5 attempts for my group to beat that sucker. It was definitely worth it though, I now have access to the new Dynamis areas. Next on the mission list is 4-2 and Ouryu. I've been allowed to continue attending these Promathia Mission runs with Kalm even though I'm not a member so I'm happy about that. The story to the PMs is fantastic! With Zilart it was more about getting to Sky, but with Promathia it's all about the plot and the characters. I love it and can't wait for more.

During the last week I watched Futakoi Alternative. I knew that it was a spin-off of the Futakoi series that I liked, but I didn't know how different it would be. They're totally unrelated to the point that the characters don't know each other. It's like they're from a different reality or something. Guess that's why it's called 'Alternative'. The series as a whole was decent enough. Some of the episodes, however, really didn't make sense. I got confused to what the characters were doing as one minute they'd be laughing around, and then the next they're in the pits of depression. It got pretty annoying after a few episodes of that formula. Thankfully they came to their senses in the last 3 and produced a great finale. Probably not a series I would want to watch through again but enoyable enough.

I finally (I think) fixed my damn PlayStation 2. It has been having trouble playing discs of any sort lately. It got really annoying so I opened it up and messed around with it a little bit but it didn't solve anything. On each ocassion though I learnt a little bit more about what each bit of the CD drive did and this morning I finally cracked it. The laser unit runs along a set of runners. This is connected to a rack-and-pinion system similar to a car, with a motor on one end. The rack rotates and this moves the pinion along it, thus moving the lens unit up and down the runners. Turns out the pinion wasn't pressing down onto the rack enough which resulted in it slipping on the teeth. I bent the pinion piece down so that it sat on the rack with more force and it seems to have solved the problem. So now I can play all my games again! /cheer

Posted byHocchan at 1:00 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment