Anata Ga Watashi Ni Kureta Mono

I've been feeling absolutely crappy today. I think I've caught a cold from all the wind and rain in the mornings. I've been suffering from a headache, dizzy spells and muscle cramps. It's been rather horrible. I hope it doesn't last too long. I can't stand being ill. It's not all bad though. Since I'm staying home for a couple of days I decided to download a new drama to watch. We're getting on towards the end of the current season of dramas in Japan so now is a good time to start watching one. Most of the fan subs should have been done by now so there's no waiting between episodes. That's good because the drama I've started watching is extremely enjoyable. It's called 'Hanazakari No Kimi-tachi E' and it's about Ashiya Mizuki who pretends to be a boy in order to enter a school that Sano Izumi (a high jumper she admires) attends. The plot is highly improbable and totally unbelievable but it doesn't stop this drama from being superbly entertaining.

It stars Horikita Maki of 'Teppan Shoujo Akane' fame (a series I really should finish watching). Quite amazingly it also features a cameo by Matsuda Seiko as the school principal! In case you didn't know she's only the most famous female idol of the 80s and 90s. She held the record for the most number one singles (25) in Japan until very recently. I didn't realise it was her at first. I only knew that I'd seen that face somewhere before. It wasn't until 40 mins in that it finally clicked /laugh. She doesn't feature much in the plot but it's still a nice surprise. The rest of the cast performs admirably. I still haven't put names to faces yet but there are a few people I recognise. Oguri Shun as Sano Izumi and Ishigaki Yuma as Tennouji Megumi are a couple I can mention. The first episode is an enjoyable affair that introduces everyone and sets up what looks to be an interesting series. It's packed full of funny moments, very much like Proposal Daisakusen and Gokusen. I'm seriously looking forward to the rest of this drama. Perhaps this cold was a blessing in disguise /laugh.

Posted byHocchan at 9:00 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment