Ai No Fune

Frustrating and also potentially exciting times right now in Final Fantasy XI. First of all, I've been camping a lot of Notorious Monsters to try and get some good pieces of equipment for my Monk. That's easier said than done, however, as most of the NMs are heavily contested by other people. As a result it's been a lot of hard work and wasted hours spent staring at the screen. It started off with the quest for Brown Belt which I completed a couple of days ago. This involved camping an NM that only spawned once every 21-24 hours in real time. The only way to claim this NM is to either get very lucky and arrive when it's spawning (highly unlikely), or find out when it last died. By finding it's 'Time of Death' you've got a rough idea of when it'll next appear. This is exactly what I did and it worked pretty well. I still lost the claim the first time I was there, but the next day there wasn't any competition so the NM was all mine. Took the items back to the NPC and was awarded with my Brown Belt. It's a nice piece of equipment for Monk, even at level 75. I doubt I'll ever sell it after all the work and time that's gone into getting it. As for the Black Belt... I don't think so! /laugh

Once that had been completed it was onto the next set of NMs at Castle Oztroja. Those being Quu Domi the Gallant (for Sarutobi Kyahan) and Mee Deggi the Punisher (for Ochimusha Kote). Both of these NMs have notoriously bad drop rates (no pun intended). I must have got very lucky with the Kyahan because I only needed to kill the NM twice before they dropped. The Kote, however, I still haven't managed to get after 18 tries. Considering this NM only spawns every 1-2 hours, that's a lot of time wasted. Some of my friends have very kindly offered to help me camp Mee Deggi which has kept my resolve intact. It'll be a very frustrating time until I get those Kote, so I'm hoping it won't be too long until they finally drop.

On 11th September there'll be another FFXI update arriving. This one will introduce 'The Pit' into the game. The premise is very similar to that of Pokemon. You 'catch' various monsters from around Vana'diel and use them to battle other players' in an arena. I'm very excited at the prospect of this. Tuesday can't come soon enough!

Posted byHocchan at 9:38 pm  

1 comments:

Mrs, Samaripa 10/10/08 said... 2:35 am BST  

You must be super busy with this new FFXI update. Good luck with the new battle game. It sounds like fun. FFXI, Pokemon-style! It should be interesting...:P

Post a Comment