Jumping In Front Of A Train Must Be More Fun

I swear to God, everyone and everything is trying its damnedest to piss me off today. And so far, it's working quite well because I feel like I want to head butt a brick wall until my face is a bloody pulp. My stupid Internet is still slow as bollocks, so no change there. I was hoping to get back onto Final Fantasy XI on Sunday but wasn't able to because of their registration server maintenance. Two hours after it had supposed to have finished they reported a problem with their payment processing. They extended maintenance indefinitely. They said they'd update the site with further progress at it happens. Obviously they've been sat around on their backsides because sod all has been posted so far. There's no bloody way to know when this'll get fixed and I can renew my content ID.

Last Friday I went to Natwest to open a student account since I would be applying for my student loan soon. I took along proof of student status, address and identity and popped into the local branch. I was then told that they couldn't accept the proof of address letter so I had to bring in something else. Fast forward to today and I return this morning with a bank statement. "Sorry, we can't accept this because your account is overdrawn". I go home and gather up a big pile of different letters with my address on it and return to the bank. Only they'd all pissed off somewhere and there was no one around to process my application. They gave me an application form to take home and fill in. Two wasted trips on a bitterly cold day, I was not best pleased.

But here's the best bit. I look through the form and on the list of documents accepted for proof of address was the exact letter I had taken on the first visit. They must be laughing their goddamn arses off right now. I took the form and binned the bastard. It's a shame I still have to get an account with them. I tried to apply online at a different bank but their procedures were even more bullshit than Natwest's. I'll have to go back (AGAIN!) sometime this week and demand to be seen by someone who knows what the hell they're doing. I'll chain myself to the counter if I have to, I'm not leaving until they've given me what I want.

UPDATE 04/03/08: I did a little bit of searching around on the Internet and it seems like my slow broadband speed may be part of a line restriction. I received a breach of fair use policy from Orange not long before I was cut off. However, in that letter they only stated that they'd restrict my connection during peak hours (6pm-Midnight). From what I've experienced the last few days though, I've only been getting 0.5mbps no matter what time of the day. I'm going to call their useless customer service tomorrow and find out what this latest bullshit is about. I would call today but I really can't be arsed dealing with it so soon after yesterday's fiasco.

Posted byHocchan at 2:32 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment