Tanaka Deka Vs. Kamei Gahaku

The next episode will be airing in a little under three hours time but I've only just got around to watching last week's Haromoni@ (due to some unforeseen consequences -.-). Having finally seen it I was slightly disappointed with the featured videos. It wasn't as good as the previous week. There were some amusing entries, but overall I think the girls were more interesting to watch. That might go some way to explaining the screenshots I took /laugh. That plus the fact they're wearing maid cafe outfits! They look absolutely fantastic. They kept the animal ears and pouches for some reason, probably to cover all the cosplay bases. I think Tanaka Reina and Michishige Sayumi really shine this week, though I might be ever so slightly biased. Mitsui Aika also caught my eye for the first time. But enough dithering, let's get on with the show! We start with a performance of 'Lalala Shiawase No Uta' from °C-ute. People have complained about this song being too repetitive, which it is, but it doesn't mean it's highly addictive. Not as good as 'Tokkaiko Junjou' for sure but how can you not be cheered up by this new single? It's simply too much fun.

The first video of the day features two brothers showing off their somersaulting skills. It was quite amusing when they suddenly broke into a back flips without warning. It got a good reaction from the studio. I've always wished I could do somersaults. It looks like a lot of fun, though I'd be worried about the prospect of breaking my neck. Decent start to the show, 7/10. Moving on, we had Lin Lin's choice from the list. It showed a guy brushing his teeth with his arms wrapped around the back of his head, brush in each hand. Very odd indeed. A bit silly but funny nonetheless, 6/10. The next act was quite impressive. It showed a guy sitting at his table with some weighing scales and a bowl of rice. The rice weighed 400g and the challenge was to each just enough rice so that it reduced it to 300g. So the guy starts stuffing his mouth with rice, I'm not even sure how he manages to swallow it without chewing. After emptying what appears to be half of the bowl he places the bowl back of the scales. A dramatic drum roll and oscillating needle later, it comes to rest at exactly 300g. I'd give this an 7/10 simply for the skill of the guy.

At last, we come to the bit I've been waiting for - Tanaka Reina dressed as a detective. Might just be me but I think that trench coat and hat suited her really well. Her character, Detective Tanaka, starred in a short drama about Pikachu disappearing and Reina having to get a sketch of him from Master Artist, Kamei. From previous Hello! Morning episodes it's clear that Eri has a reputation for being a terrible artist. It didn't help that Reina was trying to pressuring her to finish the picture. Reina also did the cutest impression of Pikachu ever whilst she was waiting /laugh. As expected, the resultant sketch looked nothing like Pikachu at all. Eri tried to give the excuse that Reina had asked her so suddenly, that's why the picture was poor. I loved this bit of the show so it's a foregone conclusion, 9/10 for this skit! I hope this will not be the last we see of Detective Tanaka.

The next two videos were the obligatory animal ones. The first wasn't too bad. It was about a dog that could balance on the edge of a table with its front paws, leaving its rear legs hanging in the air, whilst it waited to eat a piece of apple. The second one wasn't quite so good. Just a clip of a bear in a zoo throwing a tantrum by waving it's arms about and waggling its head. The only interesting bit about it was the studio reaction after it had ended. The announcer mentioned that the bear was from Tokuyama Zoo in Yamaguchi prefecture. This caught Michishige's attention because she's from Yamaguchi, "Ah, Tokuyama Zoo?". They asked her if she was familiar with it, to which Sayumi replied, "I don't know (it)". I love this side of Sayumi. I don't know if it's just an act, because sometimes she can be quite intelligent and mature, but other times she's really ditzy. Nonetheless, it's really cute and I hope she doesn't change. Anyway, 5/10 and 4/10 for the two clips.

Next we had my least favourite video of the show. It featured a man writing with several marker pens attached to his fingers. The writing wasn't very neat and it didn't seem all that impressive. Only 2/10 I'm afraid. Thankfully, Takahashi Ai's Doi Takako impression followed and brought the quality back up. This week she was attempting to feed some sheep. I expected them to run away like the llamas but it was the opposite. They were super eager and one of them even ended up chasing Takahashi around the park. I particularly loved Eri's expression at the end of the clip. Great stuff from the leader, I'll give it 7/10. Next up was Niigaki Risa and a continuation of her Korean impression series. This time it was the old favourite, Antonio Inoki and his big chin. I didn't like this video as much as last week's. I still think Ogawa Makoto is the undisputed queen of Antonio Inoki impressions. I hate to do this but only 6/10 this time.

Last but by no means least, we got to Mitsui Aika's challenge. She'd been gone for most of the show memorising the names of characters from Kinnuku Man (a popular anime from 1979-1987) themed erasers. One of those erasers cost 120,000 yen (about £576/$1150)!! They brought her back to the studio and asked her to identify all 30 characters that popped up on the screen in front. She got the first three correct but struggled to get the fourth one. They kindly gave her a few goes and even some hints and she got there in the end. After that she breezed through the rest of the names without any problems. I found myself warming to Aika after this challenge. I'm beginning to see her appeal. I really regret ranking her last on the Hello! Blog poll now. I can see her rising a few places within the next few months. I'm sold, 9/10!

Ah, these reviews take so long to write! It's been about two hours since I started (not helped by my bastarding broadband which keeps disconnecting). God, there it goes again. I'd better finish this post and publish it before I go smash the router into a million pieces and set fire to it. No good pile of stinking crap!

Posted byHocchan at 12:12 am  

3 comments:

Anonymous said... 4:30 am GMT  

Did Say "what was the point of that" during...or after the guy with the pens...?

Anonymous said... 4:32 am GMT  

sayu*

Hocchan said... 5:07 am GMT  

It was after the guy with the pens. I'd forgotten about that bit. I'd have to ask them same question, was there any point to that 'skill'?

Post a Comment