Why Have You Forsaken Me?

Sorry to keep going on about this but my life seems to be a constant stream of bullshit (imagine that if you will) at the moment. There isn't a day goes by where something doesn't really get on my nerves and make life hell. Perhaps I'm letting it get to me too much, I don't know. It just seems like nowadays everything is out to get me. No sooner as I get one irritation out of the way another comes charging over the horizon, buckets of turd strapped to the saddle.

Just this last week I've had to deal with constant disconnection of my broadband and now my anti-virus program decides it wants to screw me over too. Well, go right ahead. Every other bastard has so far. Join the god damn party. It was working fine for over four years, never had a problem. But a few days ago it decided it didn't want to work any more. After an update it refused to load properly. It just sat there in the icon tray, taking up 100% of my processor power. I had to re-install the stupid thing to fix it. It continued to work fine until tonight, when it went and did it again. Another round of re-installing and updating. If it's going to do this every few days then I might as well not bloody bother with an anti-virus program.

They're only minor little things but they all build up to get on your nerves. They're like ants. One bite won't kill you but get enough of the bastards biting you and you're going to feel it. What I wouldn't give for one week, just one week, where nothing bothered me at all. A week where I can relax and enjoy life and not have to worry about anything. But it's not going to happen is it? I'm just going to have to find some way to deal with this or I'm going to die of stomach ulcers at the age of 29. And on my gravestone it shall read:

Drowned in a tidal wave of crap. What a shitty way to go.

Posted byHocchan at 10:25 pm  

3 comments:

Eric Montgomery said... 2:46 am GMT  

Here's to hoping your anti-virus provider puts a fix to the obviously bad update they gave you, and push your life expectancy to somewhere in the 30s!

Hocchan said... 6:15 pm GMT  

I did a little bit of research about it and came up with some interesting info. Apparently it only happens on older versions of the client (ie. the free ones) and can happen after any update. Is this some sort of conspiracy to make me buy the newest edition? Hmm...

Eric Montgomery said... 5:50 pm GMT  

Could very well be. Bad business ethics for the win!

Post a Comment