Ikinakutemo Ii Desu Yo

It's been one of those days where you wish you hadn't bothered getting out of bed. What makes it worse is that it's not even 5 o'clock yet...plenty of time left for more irritatingly annoying things to happen. When I woke up this morning things didn't seem so bad. I got up, had some toast and soya milk, and went for a shower. Got changed, packed some clothes into a suitcase and headed out of the door. I was going back home for a few hours so I could get a couple of documents for my accommodation application. All the crappiness started when I got to the train station. The train I was waiting for was first delayed by 13 minutes, and then 3 more minutes on top of that. To top it off, towards the end of the journey the train inexplicably stopped at a level crossing and waited for the cars to pass. What the hell?! The cars are supposed to make way for the trains to pass, not the other way round. Why is the British rail service so turd?

When I got back home I just so happened to be there when an annoying debt collection agency called. For some reason they had a totally wrong address for me but I stupidly told them the correct one anyway. I should have just hung up at the beginning. They can sod off though for all I care. They aren't getting a single penny from me, not if I can help it. Scum-sucking whorebags! Eventually, I got pissed off with the person on the other end of the line and hung up on them. I put my clothes into the washing machine and set off for the library to photocopy those documents.

When I got back the washing machine still hadn't finished its cycle yet so I had to wait. A short while later I heard the drum stop spinning so I went to get my clothes. Stupidly, I turned the machine off and tried to open the door but it was locked. I turned it back on and it was still locked. There was no other way of getting the bloody door open so I had to put it into a spin cycle again. It was already 2:40PM by this point and I had to be back at university for 3:30PM at the latest, as the office will only take payments until 4PM. The damn cycle took 15-20 minutes to finish. By the time I got to the train station it was 3:05PM and the next train wasn't until 3:20PM. I was well and truly screwed. I have no choice now but to wait until tomorrow to hand in my application form. I hope this one day hasn't jeopardised my chances of a room.

Posted byHocchan at 4:34 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment