Popcorn Love

Quite a bit of news to report in this update. Where should I start? The arrival of 'Second Morning' in the post seems as good a place as any. As predicted I woke up to find it sitting on the doormat. The package was the same size as the previous parcel so I wondering what the extra gift could have been. I cut open the envelope and took out a neatly wrapped CD case. Still seeing no sign of extra items I assumed that they'd forgotten or something. I removed the bubble wrapping and took a look at the item. The outer box was in decent condition, could have been better but for 99p I'm happy enough. The photo book was of a better condition with only the front cover slightly worn from rubbing on the inside the box. The CD case was also in a good state with hardly a mark on it. Upon opening the case I was surprised to find there were two CDs contained inside. Taking a look at the top one I realised that it was the 'Mr Moonlight' single! Along with the front and back covers of the case it was originally in. All were in very good condition too. I have to say, as free gifts go this was one of the best. I couldn't have asked for much more. Thank you to the very kind seller for his generosity.

Having listened to the album a few times now I'm beginning to form an opinion on it. It's a mix of styles between the first and third albums. I don't think it has the charms of either though. It's not that it doesn't have any good songs on it - 'Senkou Hanabi' and 'Furusato' are classics. I think the main problem is that the other songs on there aren't really anything special. Overall I'd probably rate 'Second Morning' a 6/10.

Staying with Morning Musume news, they recently finished the 8th generation auditions. In the 'Hello! Morning' episode aired last Sunday it was revealed that Mitsui Aika was chosen as the sole winner. Personally I was very surprised by this decision as I thought that the other contenders seemed to have a better chance. However, I'm not disappointed and I think the new girl will do very well in the coming years. One thing that has left a bitter taste in this whole affair is the reactions of the so-called 'fans'. Many of them are being downright nasty and malicious with their remarks about Aika. Just because their favourites did not win they think it gives them the right to slag off the new girl, just because she was the least favourite out of them all. These people are totally despicable. I hope they sod off if they're so unhappy with the decision.

Finally after a couple more phone calls I've sorted out my missing benefits payment. It seems that due to a system error my claim had not been completed. The guy on the phone said that he'd now sorted it all out and that I should get my payment in my account by this Friday. This is all a big relief. I plan on using a big chunk of the money to pay my credit card which will take me back under the limit. The money I have spare I can use to treat myself. In fact I've already bought the new Morning Musume mini album, '7.5 Fuyu Fuyu' (First Press Limited Edition). Ordered it yesterday evening and had it shipped out the same day. Hopefully it should get here before Christmas. It'll make a nice birthday present /joy.

Posted byHocchan at 2:08 pm  

1 comments:

Anonymous said... 9:25 pm GMT  

Happy Birthday Kensan! Not sure if I used the "san" right but it sounds cute anyway, so bullocks! Hope you did something fun today!

Btw, in FFXII I'm only lvl 23, not very far along but I've clocked about 60 hours lol, I do ALOT of roaming around and in the beginning I'd get lost..blah blah, anyway, I probably will finish the game with over 200 hours of clocked time. I've been trying to level every character and get them new supplies, I haven't decided what to keep them as. For now, Fran is ranged with a bow only, Vaan as swordsman/warrior I guess, Penelo as my mage (with staff or pole), and I use Ashe pretty much the same as Vaan with a sword. Darkhitman tells me I should give at least one of them a gun. I'll probably take him up on his suggestion. I don't remember their specific weapons but I was thinking of switching Vaan to katana as soon as I get the license (which is very soon). for a while, I spent all my time focussing on the special skills license my chracters became so poweful but their gear sucked so they took on all this hate but not enough defense. Licenses are hard to balance!

Anyway, omedetou on finishing the game and Happy Birthday!!!!!

Post a Comment