Ai Wo Kudasai

Feh! is all I can say. Still not received my first Job Seekers Allowance payment yet despite the fact that I applied for it more than 3 weeks ago. I rang them earlier but they could only tell me that it was still in processing. They told me that it should be done soon though, and that I should ring back on Monday morning. I guess it's good news that they have it in the system. I hope it gets done in the next few days so I can get some money. Otherwise the credit card company will be on my back bugging me for payment again.

Against my better judgement I bought another one of 'Morning Musume's albums on eBay. This time I won their first album "First Time" for a measly $6. With the exchange rate at almost $2 to £1, it hasn't really cost me all that much. I really wanted to get their 5th album "No. 5" so I put in a bid early on but was outbid. I planned on using my last minute bidding tactic again but unfortunately I fell asleep and didn't wake up until 30mins after the auction had ended. Normally a 3am finish wouldn't have been a problem for me but I guess I must have been pretty tired that night. Oh well, I'm sure there's going to be another copy for sale soon. The seller is one who regularly sells various Hello! Project CDs.

Whilst I'm waiting for more 'Gokusen'/'Nodame' episodes to be released I'm giving 'Teppan Shoujo Akane' a go. I've only seen 2 episodes so far so I can't really an accurate review of it yet but first impressions are good. It reminds me of 'Yakitate! Japan' a lot. The plot is about a girl who's searching for her Father, all the while trying to perfect the family's famous Okonomiyaki flavour. The drama isn't getting a very good reception in the forums but I don't agree with their criticisms of the show. I'm going to reserve judgement until after I've seen a few more episodes.

As I have no Final Fantasy XI to play at the moment I've been playing XII instead. I've clocked up around 80 hours so far but I don't think I'm too far into the plot yet. Most of my time has been taken up by doing the Monster Hunts that are in the game. The difficulty of the targets range from Rank E to Rank X. I'm currently clearing up the list of Rank H (one level below X - of which there is only 1). The fight with Gilgamesh was the most memorable. Whole thing took about 1 hour from start to finish, though it was split into 2 parts. After beating him I received a Masamune katana which is so DAMN GOOD! Add to that the full set of Genji armour which I stole during the fight with Gilgamesh and you have one powerful fighter. Of course I've given it all to Ashe as she's my favourite character. The amount of combo attacks she does now reminds me of how my FFXI character is with the Soboro Sukehiro. I guess I should carry on with the plot a little bit now. At least until I feel the urge to go hunt King Behemoth. /laugh

Posted byHocchan at 4:55 pm  

1 comments:

Anonymous said... 9:47 pm GMT  

Hello Hocchan!

Long time no see! Haven't seen you on FFXI--not that I play, I still watch Zansho the Great. I have been playing FFXII too and I love the storyline. I'm not very far along either and I'm having a terrible time leveling up...don't always have the gil to purchase the equipment for my characters. I still use Vaan most of the time but my favorite is Fran, she's deadly with the bow. I've managed to finish my first rank hunts and am now working on Rank 2 hunts. The boss fights are fun and nerve-wrecking. It looks like you're far into the game, I'll have to hunt you down for some tips. Glad to see you still posting and the new design is very fresh and fun! I love it! (been reading your blog for a while, but through my pager, can't see the design there, just text). Hope you get funds soon!

Post a Comment