Bon Kyu! Bon Kyu! Bomb

I've been daydreaming about university lately. It's still over eight months away but I can't help get excited at the prospect. I'm itching to increase my ability in Japanese so that I can finally understand everything without subtitles. I'd say my Japanese is as fluent as my Chinese right now (I'm not very good at Hakka or Cantonese). For the most part I can follow the main flow of any conversation. I want to get into a classroom with a tutor and really see how much I really know. I am slightly paranoid about losing my place at university though. I keep thinking of things that could go wrong and ruin my chance. I'll contact the university and make sure everything is as it should be, that might put me at ease. I'll need to also apply for student finance soon. That's going to be a bit of a pain. I'm still classed as a dependant student so they'll need proof of income for my parents. That's going to be a problem because my Dad isn't the best when it comes to keeping paperwork. It tends to veer on the wrong side of legit, if you know what I mean...I hope it won't affect my chances of getting finance. The course fees are fine - those are paid no matter the income. I could lose out on about £1,100 on the maintenance loan though. I'd still get around £3,200 regardless so it wouldn't be a complete disaster if I didn't get the maximum amount. As for the grants, that's a different story. Those are completely means tested. Same with the bursary funds. I might have to do a bit of ringing around to get those sorted. Let's hope everything works out fine.

If all goes well though I'm going to have some free cash lying about come September. I've been dreaming up stuff that I can spend the money on. I won't go mad but I've got some ideas already. I'm tempted to get a Nintendo DS or maybe a Wii. They're not too expensive and it'd make for a fun first semester. PlayStation 3 is out of the question both because of cost as well as the lack of games. I probably won't get one until either Metal Gear Solid 4 or Final Fantasy XIII gets released on it. I do have a bit of a crazy idea though. If I can get a job and work my arse off for a few months, I might, MIGHT (this is a big might), think about blowing it all on a trip to Japan before the start of term. It's an ambitious goal but not outside the bounds of reason. I'm looking around for a full time position at the moment. There were a load of new vacancies for the new Debenhams store that's opening in April but obviously that's still a few months away. I'll keep those in mind and continue looking elsewhere.

Posted byHocchan at 12:21 am  

6 comments:

Eric Montgomery said... 6:56 pm GMT  

The anticipation of school is weird. You can't wait for it to start, but the moment it starts, you can't wait for it to finish. Best of luck to you Hocc. I'm guessing languages just aren't my thing. I can't seem to stick with them or even remember them well enough to keep learning =\

Hocchan said... 10:35 pm GMT  

Depends if you enjoy the stuff you're doing. My first year at sixth form (16-17 years old) was the best year of my life. I would look forward to everyday. Classes were enjoyable, especially Geology (even 2 hour lessons felt too short), and my classmates were fun to be around. I would dearly love it if university was as much fun as that.

On the flip side, my second year at sixth form wasn't very enjoyable at all. Everything kind of went wrong for me. Hopefully it won't repeat.

I'm quite surprised at myself for taking a language. It's the last thing I would have thought of a few years ago. I hated the compulsory French lessons back in high school. But now I really do enjoy learning new languages. I think it's great being able to communicate to so many different people in so many different ways. I don't know if I have the aptitude for it but I'd like to learn another once my Japanese is complete.

Mrs, Samaripa 10/10/08 said... 12:53 am GMT  

I say spend it all on a trip to Japan...but that's just me. I so badly want to go! Why must it be so expensive?!

Anonymous said... 8:37 am GMT  

Well I have good news :D click this link below to see a taru who is now.. well, white :D. You'd be very proud of me :D

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q157/Xanthion/Xan080113030605a.jpg

Also, A GM appeared for some unknown reason. But, I had to get a pic of it and thought you might wanna see :D

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q157/Xanthion/Xan071205010523a.jpg

well, im here missing you in Vana'Diel :( cant wait for you to come back.

Hocchan said... 10:53 am GMT  

Omedetou. Doesn't look as good as Hume female Paladin AF though /laugh. Seems everyone's turning Paladin now. It's a new trend!

Anonymous said... 1:23 am GMT  

Well, there needs to be better PLDs and more of them in this world... I figured I might as well add to thier ranks :P

Post a Comment