Deja Vu?

I don't know what it is but I seem to be getting very pissed off about things in my old age of 23. Case in point, this current palaver over Zeni Notorious Monsters on Final Fantasy XI. The members of the linkshell started the process of killing ZNMs a couple of weeks ago (even though it took considerable time for everyone to get interested in the concept). It was clear from after the first week that I wasn't going to be very happy with the way it was going.

It seemed to me that things were not completely equal when it came to deciding who got to use their item and when. I was completely left out of the first week while some got to use two items. Then this week half the people got to use yet another item while I still had to wait. It wasn't until the very end of the night (it was past 5:00AM for me by this point) that I finally got my chance.

It's not that I don't want people to get their rewards, I've been helping out with the fights haven't I? But I want there to be a fairer system for people who want to use their item. People that get to use more than one item a week and/or an item every week are clearly going to get more rewards than someone who doesn't. And every time they get to redo a fight because nothing dropped on the first try it delays things further. How is it fair that one person gets to do multiple fights and another person only gets time to do one?

I would much rather see a system where people got an equal number of chances to use an item. Someone wants to fight their ZNM again? Fine, but the other people get an extra fight to make up, ie. Person A spawns two ZNMs one night; Person A doesn't get to do another until the rest have also spawned two. Not a flawless system, but at least everyone gets the same number of chances. At the moment it's heavily biased. And I don't think I can carry on if that's the way it's going to be.

Posted byHocchan at 6:32 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment