Handbags At Dawn

It's only 74 days until I move into my student accommodation and, 76 days until I start university. On paper it's not very long to go but in real life, it's still miles away. I've been thinking about all the things I'm going to need when I get there. It's going to be a lot of fun buying supplies for my studies, as well as stuff for my new room. I should sit down and make a proper list of what I need to take, what I need to buy when I get there, etc. One thing I'll definitely need is a messenger bag of some sort to carry all my stuff in. I've grown tired of rucksacks so I'm looking for something that'll look a bit more trendy. I thought I'd found the ultimate bag only to find out that it costs over £200! I don't think I can afford to blow that sort of money /cry. Here's a picture of it in case you're interested:

Isn't it a beauty? I realise I sound like a woman obsessing over a bag, but it looks so damn good! It was the bag that Will Smith used in I Am Legend and Nicole Kidman used in The Interpreter. It's made by a company called Belstaff which makes really good quality gear for bikers. Unfortunately that also means their stuff costs an arm and a leg. I'll have to compromise and settle for a similar looking bag I found at Next. I'd love to get that Belstaff bag sometime in the future though. At least I know that's the sort of bag that will last a lifetime.

Posted byHocchan at 4:19 am  

3 comments:

Eric Montgomery said... 5:22 am BST  

You may be against the idea, but vintage shops may have messenger bags and stuff like it. Probably cheaper, however I don't know much about Britain(UK/England...whatever you guys call it now). Had a friend find a satchel of sorts from an army surplus shop.

Hocchan said... 5:33 pm BST  

I never used to like the idea of second hand goods but I'm not so against it now. It may be a good idea considering my student budget.

Mrs, Samaripa 10/10/08 said... 10:11 pm BST  

that's an awesome bag! And I agree with emizzon, I think you could find something similar at vintage shops...worth it if you could find something similar for a lot cheaper!

Post a Comment