Rebanira Itame

Yay! The third Morning Musume album - '3rd Love Paradise' - came in the post this morning. I'm listening to it right know as I'm writing out this update. You can't see from the photos but this seller has packaged the whole thing very well to prevent any possibility of damage during transit. I'm fond of people who take the time and care to make sure their items reach their destination safely so kudos to him. For some reason the guy included 3 used Tokyo Metro cards with my item, which you can see in the third photo. They are pretty interesting though, so it's not an unwelcome extra.

The CD condition is pretty good although the case does have a few marks on the surface. Considering it's quite a few years old, however, I'm not too concerned about it. Inside, the booklet and obi are in good condition with very little signs of wear. The CD itself is pretty much in a brand new state with very little in terms of blemishes on the playing surface. Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase.

I previously wrote about how I was eager to listen to this album because of the seemingly wacky tracks on it. Having listened to it a few times through I can safely say I was right about the craziness. /laugh The first and last tracks which are in spoken form are pretty interesting. Each of the girls says a little bit during the track and they finish by saying, 'ohayou'/'oyasumi' (good morning/goodnight). I guess they're trying to get across the feeling that all the songs are like single day condensed into an album. The middle track, aptly named 'Lunchtime', is incredibly weird to say the least. It takes the form of a spoof radio interview with the members of "Morning Mask". The whole 'song' is mainly the host saying various comments for situations and then the girls replying with, 'Rebanira Itame' (normally meaning Liver and Leek stir-fry but in this case nonsensical phrase). Interspersed are little funky sections of the 'Rebanira Itame' phrase accompanied by a rap-like beat. Truly odd stuff, but I love it! /laugh

One other song of note is the tenth track, 'WHY'. This is the one where all the individual syllables of the lyrics are broken up and sung by each member in turn. Listening to this song is a very strange experience. The editing makes each syllable come from seemingly different sides of your headphones. Although the splicing of each syllable into the words isn't quite perfect (I assume it was intentionally done for this effect) the flow of the song works quite well. It's a bit hard to explain in words the uniqueness of this song though.

'3rd Love Paradise' is very old school Morning Musume (at least to me, but at the time it was pretty fresh and new). Their best selling single 'Love Machine' is present, along with 'Koi no Dance Site' - another one of their most popular songs. I can see how this is their best selling album to date. Very good stuff.

Posted byHocchan at 12:07 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment