Itakunai Mon!

"What?", I hear you cry, "Where's the picture?! /shock /awe /weaponsofmassdestruction /idiotpresident". Well, I decided to go without one just for this entry to mix it up a little. Plus it's nice to take a break from all the HTML needed to display those images. /laugh It's also going to be a pretty short update as I'm super tired at the moment.

Got 'Advent Children' and 'Memoirs of a Geisha' on DVD last week. Best thing was they were free! Well, effectively free anyway. I received a survey about credit cards in my e-mail a few weeks ago. Normally I'd delete these straight away but on this one they were offering some vouchers to Amazon for my time so I filled the form in. For about 20 minutes of typing they sent me £5 and £10 vouchers to spend at Amazon. Got those two DVDs because I'd been meaning to buy them for awhile.

Watching 'Advent Children' again was good fun. Even though I've seen it loads of times already I still love the action sequences in it. 'Memoirs of a Geisha' was probably as good as I expected it to be. Having read the book before watching the film I felt that there was a lot of crucial elements missing from the script. Despite this I can understand that it would be truly difficult to show everything from a novel in just 2 hours of film. I felt that what they did include of the story was good enough to give a rough idea of the book. The acting was very good throughout. In particular the performance of Sayuri by Zhang Ziyi and Mameha by Michelle Yeoh. I did find it odd however that the 3 main characters of the cast of a film set in Japan were actually Chinese. Not sure why the casting director decided this but it worked out well enough.

Posted byHocchan at 11:53 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment