23-sai Ni Narimashita!

(^_^)/ Greetings from the latest year in my life. This is the first blog entry since I turned 23 years old. Hurrah!... I think. To be honest birthdays haven't really been a big deal for me in most of my life. It's mainly just another day in the year. I'm simply another year closer to the horrible end. Perhaps that's quite a morbid way of looking at it. But there'll be many more birthdays to come (touch wood) so it's not too big a deal. When I do finally come to celebrate on properly, I'm going to make sure it's worth celebrating. Right now, I don't really feel like that... But no matter! It's now only 10 days until the day they call Christmas. I'm quickly running out of time to finish my play list. Salvation has come in the form of a Christmas song collection that I downloaded via torrent. All I have to do now is go through them and pick the best songs. There are quite a few of them in there so I've got a lot of listening to do in the next few nights. It's a joy to hear all the festive tunes. I'm even looking forward to the annual Christmas shopping bonanza. It'll be cold, it'll be packed, but damn, it'll be some fun! "Bah! Humbug"? I don't think so. More like, "Bah! Shut your face Scrooge!"

Not much else to write for this post so I'll leave you with some fun facts about the number 23:

- 23 is the ninth prime number, the smallest prime which is not a twin prime;
- There are 23 letters in the Latin alphabet;
- William Shakespeare was born and died on 23rd April;
- It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body;
- Roman Emperor Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times;
- 23 is the atomic number of Vanadium;
- And finally, 23 is how old I am!

Posted byHocchan at 4:57 pm  

2 comments:

Anonymous said... 2:35 am GMT  

you have a few morbid facts there: stabbing, death. Otanjoubi Omedetou Gozaimazu!

Anonymous said... 7:28 pm GMT  

Hey, I hope you had a great birthday and that life is treating you well. Take care.

Kim

Post a Comment