Joukyou Monogatari

Osu. Had another lazy month in November. A grand total of three posts! Don't think I'll be breaking any records with that pitiful effort... But no matter! December is a new month. Plenty of time to get this blog back on track before the year ends. It's really flown by quite fast. I'll probably do a proper end of year review in a January post but for now I think 2007 has been a turbulent year, that's for sure. November wasn't bad though. Despite a total mess up by GAME in delivering my copy of 'Wings of the Goddess' it's been quite a fun month. I spent a lot of the latter half playing the new expansion. I've been levelling Dancer a lot and I'm currently up to level 37. I'm having a lot of fun with the job. It's everything I was expecting and a lot more besides. There's a lot of depth to the job and it's very adaptable in a variety of different situations. Everyday I discover something new to Dancer that makes me even more impressed with it. I'm hoping they'll release the Artefact armour for it soon. I can't wait to see my character wearing that. The rest of the expansion is a lot of fun despite there being a slight lack of overall content. The campaign mode is good for casual play and it doesn't require massive amounts of time to achieve things. I'm sure it'll get a lot better as the game is updates in the coming months.

Also in November I started to watch a couple of new dramas. The first is 'Mop Girl' starring Kitagawa Keiko as Hasegawa Momoko. Also in it is Tanihara Shosuke from 'Deru Toko Demasho'. The drama is about Momoko who has special powers which enable her to go back and change the past by touching the belongings of a deceased person. This is made all the easier by the fact that she gets transferred to the funeral services department of her company. It's a very unbelievable plot but it doesn't matter as this is primarily a humorous drama. I especially like Tanihara Shosuke's acting. He has a brilliant comic timing which works well with the script. I'm only up to the second episode so far but I can't wait for the rest to be subbed.

The second new drama is 'Galileo'. This one is a more serious affair but it doesn't mean there aren't plenty of funny moments in it. It stars Shibasaki Kou of 'Battle Royale' fame, and Fukuyama Masaharu, who is apparently an extremely popular singer songwriter. The plot is about Kou's character, Utsumi Kaoru, who's a young rookie detective that enlists the help of a genius professor to solve various intriguing crimes. It's a bit like CSI in a way, but not quite so serious. The cases in each episode are very cleverly worked out by the professor and I've enjoyed watching as clues are uncovered. This is probably -the- drama to be watching this season and it's not hard to see why. It has some major stars as guest actors in each episode and has attracted large viewing figures. Definitely a drama you don't want to miss.

I think that's about it for this update. Just have time to say a Happy Birthday to my friend Tamara. O-tanjoubi Omedetou!

Posted byHocchan at 10:40 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment