Don't You Know Blackmail Is Waaaaay Uncool?

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas! Or is that Happy Christmas? I'm not so sure any more. I always thought it was 'Merry' since it's 'Happy New Year' but all I've heard this year is 'Happy Christmas' from everyone. It's probably another casualty of Political Correctness gone mad. In any case, it's not been a bad Christmas Day this year. I spent a lot of it at home watching TV, the best way. 'Finding Nemo' and 'Shrek 2' were on this afternoon, and then we had 'Doctor Who' on in the evening. Right now I'm chilling out playing Shenmue. I've timed it so that it's also Christmas Day in the game as well. It was a white Christmas in Yokosuka. Shame it didn't snow in real life though, it never seems to these days. In fact it's actually quite warm today. Must be that pesky global warming we keep hearing about. I should move to Finland, I'd get lots of snow then. Christmas Eve was pretty good too. I watched all three 'Bourne' films in one sitting; a total of just under six hours. I'd always wanted to watch these films, they're the type of action I like. They didn't disappoint. I think 'Bourne Supremacy' is my favourite. It has a nice balance of action and story with some great stunts. 'Identity' had a nice, low budget action-espionage feel about it while 'Ultimatum' was a political thriller with a very similar story to the 'Hitman' series. I've heard people complaining about the shaky camera work but I didn't really notice it. It's more common theses days to use hand-held cameras. I think it gives the film a more gritty, real life feel about it. People just need to get better hand-eye coordination! They're superb films, nuff said. Innit!

With the passing of Christmas it's almost the end of 2007. I'm looking forward to the new year. There's the New Year episode of Haromoni@, which looks really funny from what I've seen from the preview, the new Horie Yui album at the end of January, loads of new dramas, and of course, university in September. There's also the Olympics in China, Euro 2008 in Switzerland/Austria and it's also a leap year so we'll see 29th February again. It's going to be a good one, I can feel it in my bones. I've got to start thinking about some resolutions soon. I've managed to fulfil one of them this year. Onwards and upwards I say!

Posted byHocchan at 10:31 pm  

5 comments:

Eric Montgomery said... 5:40 am GMT  

I blame "Happy Christmas" on the Harry Potter movies. Cause thats how Harry and Ron great each other in the movie at Christmas time.

BTW, Happy (late) Christmas!!!!

Anonymous said... 3:07 am GMT  

OMG! Did you just use the word "innit"?! That is so pedestrian of you. Movies are rubbing off on you.
Feliz Navidad y Propero Ano!

Hocchan said... 2:28 am GMT  

Poo-poo! Innit is a classic British-Asian phrase, like "Wicked! Innit?" or "You's 'avin' a laugh, innit?". I went and researched it too, comes from a Hindi tag on the end of sentences, bit like the ubiquitous 'ne' from Japanese.

Hocchan said... 2:37 am GMT  

I also looked into 'Happy Christmas'. Seems as though the phrase gained popularity in the 19th century. Perhaps because the word 'merry' could also mean 'drunk'. Least that's what Wikipedia says.

Eric Montgomery said... 7:51 pm GMT  

Hell yeah! Drunk with merriment! o.O; Anyways, I still blame Harry Potter for it's recent outbreak. *nods*

Post a Comment