Asobimashou

I bought Asobi Seksu's second album 'Citrus' from eBay a couple of days ago. I managed to get it for only £0.99 + £1.50 postage and packaging, which I thought was pretty good. It arrived this morning and for the most part it was still brand new. The only minor problem that it had was a massive (and I mean massive) sticker on the back of the cardboard sleeve. If there's a sticker on a CD/DVD case I usually leave it alone but only if it's an original sticker. This one looked like it'd been stuck on by some third party advertising their website. I managed to peel most of it off before it decided to screw me over and rip part of the lamination off. You can't really see it unless you angle it into the light so it's not too bad. I freaking hate stickers that don't peel off easily!

The reason for buying this CD is quite an odd one. I'd never even heard of the band prior to a couple of weeks ago. I saw their name being quoted on a forum and noticed it was Japanese (incidentally the name translates as 'playful sex'). I didn't think much of it but about a week later I saw 'Citrus' in HMV. I became intrigued and decided to listen to a few of their songs on Imeem. Thought they were pretty good and found their album at a great price on eBay so I bought it.

I can't really describe their style of music. A lot of the tracks have an ethereal sound to them. My favourite tracks are 'Goodbye' and 'Mizu Asobi'. They are different to the rest of the album in that they're more lively and have more of a J-Pop sound to them. I would have preferred it if they'd made the lead vocalist's voice a bit louder on some of the songs. It felt like she was being drowned out by the music. It's a decent album but nothing that makes you go "wow". I have no regrets in buying it though. Not when it only cost me £2.49!

Posted byHocchan at 1:32 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment