Sakusen Time!

Right! I'm not going to do anything else until I've written a new post. No more procrastination! I've wasted enough time these last few days, sitting here, staring at the never ending blink-blink-blink of the cursor. It's really frustrating not being able to construct basic sentences because your brain feels like it's in a coma all the time. I've already had to delete several lines of text because they didn't sound right. I can see it's going to be an uphill struggle all the way. The anger and frustrating is beginning to well up inside me. I'm not going to give up this time though. No matter what, I will finish this post!

It will be two weeks until the start of university tomorrow and I'm starting to get quite nervous about the whole thing. It's a little different from the excitement of a few weeks ago. Back then I couldn't wait for the start of term. Now the reality of it is kicking in and it's making me a little worried. But it's all right, I know what will keep my mind focused - the thought of finally having enough money to buy Horie Yui's latest album and concert DVD!

The CD won't cost me too much but the DVD might make a big dent in my bank account. Not only is the basic cost of the item quite high, I've also got to get it specially ordered (which means paying a handling fee), get it delivered from Japan, and pay any customs and excise charges that might be levied on it (highly likely due to the value). In preparation, I've worked out a rough estimate of the costs involved for each item:

Horie Yui - Darling (Limited Edition)

Price (incl. tax): 3,000 yen (£15.20)
Shipping (Express Mail Service): 1,800 yen (£9.10)
Foreign Currency Conversion Charge: £0.70 + £1.50

Total Cost: £26.50

Horie Yui - Christmas Live (First Pressing)

Price (incl. tax): 6,615 yen (£33.50)
Handling Fee: 2,000 yen (£10.10)
Shipping (Express Mail Service): 2,000 yen (£10.10)
PayPal Fee: 414 yen (£2.10)
Foreign Currency Conversion Charge: £1.60 + £1.50
Import VAT: £9.80

Total Cost: £68.70

The price of shipping for both items is based on the most expensive option (EMS) so I can save some money if I choose a cheaper alternative. Also, the price of the DVD could be more or less expensive depending on how easy it is to find the first pressing edition. But if things work out like I've planned then I'll be spending close to £100 on those two items! Ouch...

Posted byHocchan at 4:35 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment