Wow! Wow! Wow! Party! Party!

Although I'm very excited about heading off to university, I'm also slightly worried; even more so now that it's only thirty-three days until the start of term. My biggest concern is probably to do with how I'm going to 'fit in' with the people in my flat and on my course. More than likely I'll be a few years older than the vast majority of university students and I don't feel like I'll have much in common with them. Too be honest, I don't have much in common with people my age either.

I'm certainly not one for going out clubbing or drinking myself silly (I don't drink at all). I'd much prefer staying in and watching a film or playing a computer game. I really don't see the appeal of spending hours getting drunk in a place that plays shit music far too loud. I've tried it before and really didn't enjoy it. It might be awkward turning down invitations for things like that. People will probably reel back in horror at the thought of someone not enjoying the taste of alcohol!

I really hope that the people in my flat aren't going to be massively noisy and untidy. I don't want to be kept awake at 3'o'clock in the morning by bloody parties. People are entitled to have their fun, just as long as they don't go overboard. It's not all about partying in university you know (despite what the vast majority think). I also don't want to have to clean up the bathroom/kitchen every time I need to use it. I'm praying that I'll end up with considerate flatmates.

I won't actually know how it's going to be until I get started. I could be worrying about nothing but at the same time, I could be right to be concerned. I'll try my best to be open to new experiences and not shut myself in my room 24/7, but I will not compromise my own ideals for the sake of being 'popular'. I'd rather be know as the boring loner than the 'life of the party' (whatever that is).

Posted byHocchan at 1:08 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment