Where's My Frigging Parcel?!

Urgh...today hasn't been the best of days. I've been struck down with the dreaded 'Freshers' Flu'. Thankfully, it's not too bad; just as long as I take some Paracetamol regularly throughout the day. The period between doses does feel pretty rough though, especially the dizzy spells, headaches, runny nose and sinus pain. It's a good job that I don't have too many lectures to attend during the day. It gives me an opportunity to recover. With some decent rest it should be gone by the end of the week at the latest.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the only reason why my day hasn't been ideal. I went home during the weekend and whilst I was there the postman tried to deliver a parcel to me. This was at 8:20AM on a Saturday morning though so I wasn't awake to receive it. They left me a card and told me that I could go pick it up on Monday (48 hours later). So this morning I trek into town (with a headache) to collect my parcel. When I got there I was reliably informed that 'it was not back yet' and that it might be back later that afternoon but most likely tomorrow... Let me get this right, they want me to come back on the train tomorrow, just to pick up the parcel that they told me would be ready to collect today?! You must be having a jocular moment with me... For God's sake! Just where the hell have they taken it over the weekend exactly? Did the postman take it back home with him at the end of the day for safe-keeping or something? Why was it not returned back to the depot?! More importantly - where's my frigging parcel?!

I wouldn't normally be so angry (maybe that's a lie) but I know for a fact that it's my Horie Yui CD from Japan. I was looking forward to being able to finally listen to her latest album today. But, no, Mr Royal Mail decides to play hide-and-seek with my parcel! I'm going to have to take the train back tomorrow after my morning lecture to collect it now. I'm not made of goddamn money, you know! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Posted byHocchan at 9:07 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment