Sourcery

Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least. I drank a whole 4 pints of alcohol in the form of Strongbow (I think it's a cider but I could be wrong) /shock! While that may seem a pitiful amount to the average drinker (or most human beings) it was a fair amount for me - someone who hasn't drank anything remotely alcoholic for over 3 years. It was probably a good idea on my part then to alternate between Strongbow and Pepsi. Saved my liver and kidneys from the horrors of chemical warfare. I still don't see the attraction of alcohol. Even though it tasted like Lucozade for the split second the bubbles hit your tastebuds, it was nowhere near as good once the real taste appeared. I would much prefer to enjoy a nice cup of tea or soft drink. And my wallet would agree with me.

Despite my adversion to drinking, however, it still turned out to be an enjoyable outing... for the most part. I arrived as arranged at midday at the first pub on our planned itinerary. Only my friend Fos was there initially. He'd grown considerably more facial hair since I last saw him but it was still the same old Fos. We got some drinks and went outside to enjoy the sunshine in the beer garden. Shortly after Kenna showed up with a birthday present for Fos but forbid him from opening it until our other friend, Dave, arrived. Which he did a few minutes later with a present for Kenna that turned out to be a copy of a Charles Dickens book with a key inside. I was informed that this was some referrence to the TV series 'Lost' but I wouldn't know. That series is too pompous for its own good so I tend to avoid watching it. After this we finally got to see what the mystery present was that Kenna has brought. It was a tube of some sort and it was suggested that there was a 'toy' for female 'entertainment' inside. Alas it was just a simple poster, but a pretty cool poster. It was a hand-drawn on computer picture of Fos with a couple of ladies draped over him while he was holding a pint. Good stuff.

Fos's brother Mike turned up a little while later. What can I say about Mike? He's possibly the most insane person I've ever met, and that's when he's sober. Once he'd got a few JD's and Coke down him he was an unstoppable force of tomfoolery. It was safe to say that he was definitely the life and soul of the party wherever he went. He could also come up with statements that would make a seasoned brothel girl blush in embarrassment. I can't really give any examples on here as it would surely end up with my blog being banned /laugh. For people who aren't too easily offended though he's a cool guy to hang around with. Hard to believe that him and Fos are related though...

We worked through the next few pubs as various people turned up (I'm hopeless at remembering names though so I can't name them all): three of Kenna's friends from Cambridge, I think one guy was called Hokim; Jen, girlfriend of my friend Lamb who couldn't make it to the pub crawl; Lorna, another friend I knew from school; and Phil and his girlfriend (can't remember, sorry ; ;). We commandeered several tables of Whetherspoons for a few hours while we got some much needed food. The service was kind of crappy though, Fos and Hokim's orders took over an hour to turn up. Looking back we really should have complained but I don't think we were really in the mood. Everyone was enjoying themselves. Especially Mike who, due to a drinking contest with Fos, was now very hyper /laugh.

After the meal Phil and Jen parted company and we moved onto the next pub. We had a few games of pool in there. I managed to lose a couple of times despite clearing most of my colours quickly. I seem to have a knack for letting the win slip out of my grasp. After this Dave and Phil's girlfriend left and the rest of us moved onto the last two pubs on the list. The penultimate one wasn't much to talk about, it was heavily crowded and didn't have anywhere for us to sit down. The last one, however, wasn't so much as a pub than a nightclub. From the music played at deafening levels to the hordes of people dancing to disco balls. At least the music they played was pretty decent. Whilst ordering drinks I had the distinct impression that someone was 'gyrating' behind me. Mike who was standing in front of me kept giving me strange looks and I couldn't bring myself to turn around /laugh. Once everyone had got their drinks Mike, Kenna, Hokim and Fos all got up on a small stage and started grooving to the music. At one point a woman even got up on the stage and started dancing with Fos but for some reason she left kind of disappointed. Nevermind, at least he managed to get the attention of a weird guy sitting on the next table /laugh /laugh.

The night was winding down now and Mike left at around 9:45pm. I decided to call it a night too at 10pm as the club wasn't really my scene. I said my goodbyes to everyone, even managing to smashed a beer glass on the floor like a pillock whilst giving Lorna a hug. I swiftly exited the place for fear of retribution and made my way home. It was a bit of a crappy end to the night, not the least because some sod-git set off the fire alarm for a laugh around 11pm. Everyone had to evacuate until the firemen came and gave the all clear. I swear some people need their hands, and preferrably their brains, amputated. Anyway, shortly after reading some more of a book I fell asleep. Despite the less than perfect ending I can say that I enjoyed the whole pub crawl. It was cool to see all the old guys again and mess around like we used to in school. I hope we can meet up again soon, though not too soon because I don't think my finances would allow it /laugh.

PS. I do have a few more comments about the night but I won't publish them on here because I fear the consequences it would have /laugh.

Posted byHocchan at 11:29 am  

2 comments:

Anonymous said... 12:07 am BST  

"even managing to small a beer glass like a pillock whilst giving Lorna a hug"

oh my! You're accent is showing! :) Hmmm, how could I interpret this phrase.

"I stole a beer glass like a filthy thief while giving Lorna a hug"

"I finished the remains of a beer glass like a drunkard while giving Lorna a hug."

"I even managed to brandish a small beer glass in a lewd and suggestive way while giving Lorna a hug."

So, which one is correct? :)

Sounds like you had a good time!

Hocchan said... 11:53 am BST  

>.> Damned it, that's what I get for not proof reading it after I published the post. I usually do but this time I didn't. It was meant to be 'smashed' not 'small'.

I had... a sort of a good time... this place isn't safe to talk though, there may be people listening >.> I'll contact you on a secure line later...

Post a Comment