Interesting Times

The weather has been glorious the last couple of weeks. Except for one day of rain it's been non-stop sunshine everyday. It certainly feels like summer is here already. Such a shame that I don't have my bike with me or I'd be going out for a ride every morning. Looks like the sunny weather is going to continue well into June and July though so I have plenty of time. I'm praying everything will be sorted out by the end of this month at the very latest. The whole situation is really becoming a bit of a drag. I don't even have TV to watch so I'm missing a lot of my favourite shows. I won a TV tuner on eBay yesterday though so that dilemma should be resolved pretty soon. Hopefully it'll arrive before the bank holiday on Monday.

I'm attending a pub crawl on Saturday with some old friends I used to go to school with. It's in celebration of a couple of birthdays that fall on the 4th and 5th. I haven't seen everyone for a couple of years so it'll be good to meet up with everyone again. It should be great fun but I hope I don't end up spending too much money. They're planning to start from one end of the town and work there way towards the town centre. I doubt I'll be able to stay for the whole journey but you never know. I think it'll be the first time I've drunk any alcohol since I last saw them. I'd better exercise some restraint or I may end up unable to walk by the end of the night /laugh.

I saw that they're going to have the 5th Adventurer Appreciation campaign on FFXI starting on the 11th. It celebrates the 5th anniversary of the game's release and they're going to be giving away some special items. I need to find a way to get back to the game for this event, even if it kills me! There's even going to be another update in June. I don't think I've ever missed so much play time in two years. I bet everything's changed inside the linkshell. I hope everyone I know is still there. No doubt there'll be some new faces to meet when I get back. One thing is for sure, I don't think you'll be physically able to tear me away from the keyboard once I get back to Vana'diel. I'm going to weld backside to the chair and seal myself inside a safe. Anyone who wishes to disturb me better have some life insurance.

Posted byHocchan at 9:57 am  

6 comments:

Anonymous said... 6:50 pm BST  

Heya Ken (Hocchan)! I know the feeling of not being able to play with those you've been with so long (I was in the same boat, but for less time when Hurricane Katrina hit the town I was living in), and I look foward to seeing you back! The linkshell is still the same, everyone is still there, we've picked up a few new faces but nothing major has occured.

I've gotten my Shura Togi (finally!) and have been actively camping for my black belt item (Adamantoise Egg) to finish that off too. Hopefully, by the time you get back on, I'll be a Black Belt Monk!

Everyone misses you and hopes that you are ok. We eagerly await your return!

Anonymous said... 4:21 pm BST  

Heya Hoc. I for one would love to see you return. I too haven't had much on-line time lately. Maybe after my daughter's wedding things will slow down a bit and I'll be able to enjoy some more adventuring in Vana'diel.

Toadis

Hocchan said... 11:32 am BST  

Arigatou guys. Thanks to Rhiana too for managing to pursuade everyone to visit my blog /laugh.

Omedetou on the Shura Togi, now you won't have to go around half naked anymore /joy.

Hope the wedding goes well, Toadis. Try not to cry too much, you have a Monk reputation to uphold. Oh wait... Monks cry all the time - when their Asuran Fists only does 20 damage /laugh

In the famous words of Arnie: "I'll be back"... sometime...

Anonymous said... 3:36 pm BST  

Just want to to let you know that Siraji and I miss seeing you and look to when we can go out kill rock walls again. Ha ha
Keep your chin up and time will be here when we can speak again.

It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ophidian & Siraji

Anonymous said... 12:10 am BST  

Hiya hocc! He's still half naked, he doesn't have haidate...if he was to be half naked, I'd rather he have the haidate instead of the togi :) elvaan without pants...*shudders*

Hocchan said... 3:47 pm BST  

Arigatou, Ophidian and Siraji. I'll be damned if I don't get my Amir Dirs after all the stress we've been through. Hope your Assaults are going well. Save a place for me when I get back, eh?

Elvaans without pants are only good when they're female. Even then it's still less desirable than any other female, except maybe Tarus... not into that sort of perversion /laugh

Post a Comment