Asia No Junshin

It's a return to Horie Yui! It's been awhile since she featured on the blog picture. It's not been through choice though, I would never do that. The reason for the absence was because I couldn't find any new pictures of her on the image board I usually get them from. You can be sure that once I do find some new ones they'll be posted here. For now I've found a couple in my library that I hadn't uploaded yet so I'll include them in the next few updates.

My friend and I went to visit the Lake District yesterday in his new car. We decided to explore the Haweswater Reservoir and its surrounding villages. We stopped off in the village of Shap first to see Boggleby Stone, a big lump of rock that'd been moved from miles away and placed just outside the settlement. We then headed to Keld, a hamlet of just a few houses and a farm. It did, however, have a really old chapel which people could go in an look around. As it was a Sunday we didn't feel like disturbing Mr and Mrs Taylor who held the key to the place so we settled for a couple of photos from outside. We proceeded to trek through miles of thistle-infested fields until we saw Shap Abbey from the top a hill. The abbey was built in 1199 and is an impressive sight. The entrance tower is the only bit of the main structure that remains standing. The rest of the building is in ruins at ground level. Even in its ruined stated you get a sense of how grand the whole abbey was. From one end to the other must have been about 100 metres. We spent some time taking some photos (including one where Mike went and lay down in an old grave) before departing. Once we got back to the car we set off for Haweswater.

The drive down the lake's edge to the car park was breath-taking. The whole thing is enclosed by mountains on every side. Arriving at the car park we set off for a small growth of trees called The Rigg that growa on a little piece of land that juts out into the lake. The journey there was over gravel and large stones which is my favourite type of terrain. We got to The Rigg a short time later and went to explore inside. It seems like it's a popular spot for campers because we found a few burnt out camp fires dotted around. It certainly had that sort of spooky atmosphere that draws you in but doesn't let you out. After getting to the other side we headed back and drove home. It was a great day out in which we got to see some spectacular scenery. I wouldn't mind going back some time in the future to climb those mountains we saw. Better get some more exercise first though /laugh.

Posted byHocchan at 3:19 pm  

3 comments:

Anonymous said... 7:57 pm BST  

wow, you should write a novel...you have a way with description. Sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for bringing Horie Yui back! I was getting worried...

Hocchan said... 11:40 pm BST  

I would never abandon Horie Yui, she's my number one!

A novel? I don't think my standard of English is good enough for that /laugh. I have terrible problems with grammar and punctuation. I wasn't particularly pleased with that last paragraph of this post. It felt too fragmented to me. I wrote it when I was a little tired so that's probably why. Thanks for the compliment though.

Anonymous said... 1:03 pm BST  

LOL, you're too funny. I can't count the number of times I've picked up a book and found a slew of grammatical AND spelling errors. Depending on the book, it didn't hinder my enjoyment. If the writing and story is good, then the technical stuff is for the editors. Let them get yelled at for minor errors while you reep in the benefits of entertaining the masses!

Post a Comment