Chiisana Koi No Uta

No more Horie Yui pictures so instead you have Konno Asami, ex-fifth generation Morning Musume member! OK, let's continue with the news that I left out of the last update. Last Saturday we had a Chains of Promathia event in the linkshell. We were attempting to clear mission 4-2, the fight with Ouryu. The group was as follows: Siraji, Ophidian, Lanevo, Katie, Toadis and myself. I was the Paladin and had the unenviable task of tanking Ouryu. We made our way to Monarch Linn where the fight would take place. Unfortunately, just before got there Katie had to leave so we were left with 5. We decided to give it a go anyway since heading back without attempting it would be a waste. We went in, buffed up and engaged Ouryu. The strategy was to sleep him and then have Siraji and Ophidian cast Freeze, then sleep him again and repeat. It was all going well, we had him down to about 40% health and it looked like we might win first try. However, he began to resist the sleeps and I was having trouble keeping hate. Eventually he killed Ophidian and it all went to hell after that. After that fight Lanevo ran out of time and had to go too so we were left with 4 people. Just for the hell of it we decided to have another go anyway. As you can imagine it didn't go too well. We all died and got chucked out of the BCNM. The fight got rescheduled to the next day when we would get Electricgirl to join us as BLM.

The next day came and we were ready to try again. We got a lot more equipment this time - plenty of Hi-Ethers for the mages, and a whole inventory of Hi-Potions for me. We also stocked up with Mistmelts to stop Ouryu from flying. Toadis was running late so we took Lanevo with us. Arriving at Monarch Linn we did our pre-fight preparation. We decided to use a different strategy this time. Tried to melee him for a little while before the BLMs used Manafont and did their spell cycle. Unfortunately we couldn't hurt him at all with melee attacks so Manafont got used early. As luck would have it the sod used a massive dispel on me and I had zero buffs. Needless to say he killed me pretty quick without any Protect III or food. He went after the mages and we failed the mission. Not wanting to give up we went in and tried again. This time we went back to the Sleep/Freeze method. I did everything I could to build hate and spammed Hi-Potions instead of trying to cure. We got lucky with the sleep, they all went unresisted and I kept hate for most of the fight. With a few more Freezes Ouryu was brought down to 30% health and we won! Oh yeah, now that was a good fight! Showed that stupid dragon who's boss.

Just after we won Toadis logged on and we told him to get to Monarch Linn so we could get the mission completed for him too. Lanevo stepped out and Toadis joined the party. We went for the same technique and it worked pretty much the same. The only worrying bit was near the end when I ran out of Mistmelts and couldn't stop Ouryu from flying. He almost got me down to 0HP before I used Invincible. About 2 seconds after I used it a Freeze went off and we won again. So now we have seven people all ready for mission 4-3 in the Sacrarium, which is scheduled for Wednesday. I can't wait! The Chains of Promathia missions are once again progressing. I might get my Rajas Ring yet. Keep the faith!

Posted byHocchan at 7:59 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment