Where's My Cow?

Completed Atelier Iris 2 today. It only took me 31 hours to play through the game for the first time which shows how easy it is. There were a few recipes and ingredients that I didn't find but they wouldn't really that much replay value. The last boss was probably the only real challenge in the whole game. It took quite a lot of effort to kill him but nothing too complicated. The soundtrack is probably the best feature of the game. The background music is catchy and fits nicely with the presentation style. The Japanese voice acting is pretty good too. Overall Atelier Iris 2 feels like a beginners' RPG game. Most of the quests and field maps are relatively straight forward and there isn't too much scope of exploration. It's good enough for some light entertainment but if you really want a proper in-depth experience, you'd be better off with something like the Final Fantasy or Suikoden series. I'd give the game a 7/10 rating.

For some reason I had an urge to watch Long Way Round again. If you haven't heard of this TV series it's about Ewan McGregor and his friend Charlie Boorman going around the world on their motorbikes. They set off from London and ride east through Europe, Ukraine, Kazahkstan and Mongolia, and then through Siberia to Magadan via the Road of Bones. Once there they fly over to Alaska and ride through Canada on their way to New York. It's a great series to watch and it really makes you want to go out and explore the world. Seeing them take their bikes across the harshest of terrains is awe inspiring. The people that they meet on their journey are really very memorable and sheds light on cultures that we wouldn't normally think about. As I was watching them I couldn't help the feeling of wanting to visit Japan. Just thinking about all the things I could see and do makes me giddy inside. I can really feel the pull of adventure. It certainly gives you a goal to aim for in life. My regularly waning resolve has been given a much needed boost yet again. I will make it, damn it!

The Job Centre have sent me on some sort of training course which starts tomorrow morning. It meant to be designed to help me develops the skills that will aid me in getting a job. I'm a little apprehensive as I don't really know what to expect. I guess if it I can gain some more confidence in myself then it'll be a good thing. I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to attend each day but it lasts 2 weeks. At the end of it I may be able to get some work experience. We shall see, wish me luck!

Posted byHocchan at 10:42 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment