Shoujo A

The wireless PC card I ordered from eBay arrived this morning. I was a little anxious during the installation due to a bad experience with that US Robotics USB stick. Thankfully, this time everything went smoothly. I followed the instructions to the letter and it all worked out perfectly. I'm getting a better connection than before and the speed seems about the same. The card slots nicely into the side of my laptop and the regular rhythm of the blinking lights is a reassuring sight. It only cost me £9.50 too, great stuff.

I borrowed the Korean film, The Host a couple of days ago. I wanted to see this film as soon as I heard about it. It's the highest grossing film in Korean cinema history and it's not hard to see why. Starring Song Kang-Ho, an extremely popular male actor in South Korea, it delivers an engrossing storyline with loads of memorable scenes. It's refreshing to see a film that isn't scared of distressing the audience with character deaths. Where as most Hollywood affairs would provide impossible feats of luck just to avoid throngs of crying cinema-goers, Korean cinema (and film industries elsewhere as a matter of fact) just tells you to suck it up and stop being a pansy. Besides the slightly implausible beginning sequence, the plot is very well written. I expected the film to be in the style of most monster films (ie. Godzilla) in that there would be lots of killing, followed by swift retribution by the lead characters. While it does follow that general outline, the film also incorporates some nice character developments. I would even go as far as to say that The Host is not so much about the monster but rather its effects on the people that come into contact with it. Whatever its intentions, it doesn't change the fact that it's a brilliant film that's worth every second of its two hour runtime.

I've managed to save a little bit of spare cash this month so I'm going to get another one of Morning Musume's albums. I saw a limited edition copy of their sixth album on eBay. It came with the cardboard sleeve and a photo card. Some copies came with a poster though and that was the one I was after. I e-mailed the seller and asked him if he would be able to locate a copy of the CD that had the photo card and poster together. Luckily he said he could so I've asked him to get it for me. Comes to $27.00 in total (including postage). That's another album in collection. I just have Rainbow 7 and Sexy 8 Beat to get now, and since they're fairly recent it shouldn't be too hard to find them for sale.

Posted byHocchan at 7:15 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment