Deru Toko Demasho!

Time for a new look to my Windows XP desktop. I changed the wallpaper, the XP theme and Firefox's theme. Since we're coming up to the winter months I thought a moody black and orange would suit the season very well. Well, the actual reason for the change came about because I've been having some problems with the XP theme after I dismantled my laptop. It would regularly develop a fault and revert back to the absolutely horrid looking Windows Classic theme for no apparent reason. I haven't been able to find the source of the problem. I've scanned for viruses, spyware, adware, defragmented my hard disk and cleaned up my registry but it's still doing it. It does appear to be doing it less now though. Perhaps it'll fix itself in time. Won't stop me from enjoying my new look. Horikita Maki has taken over from Horie Yui as desktop wallpaper for the time being. I think this particular picture of her suits the theme very well. But I'm sure it won't be long before Yui comes back!

Thankfully, D-Addicts came back on-line last night and I was able to download 'Deru Toko Demasho!'. It's about a girl called Kamei Shizuka (Horikita Maki) whose father has run away, leaving the family with 6.3 billion Yen worth of debt. The debt collectors start harassing the family for their money and as a result Shizuka has to drop out of school. Fortunately, a lawyer by the name of Nonaka Hiromu comes to the family's aid. He completes bankruptcy proceedings for Shizuka's father and clears the family's debt completely. Unfortunately this still leaves the family short of money so Shizuka ends up trying to get a part time job. After many failed jobs she begs Nonaka for a job in his office. He accepts, on one condition: she must always wear a school uniform (in particular a blazer uniform) everyday. Turns out the lawyer is a... connoisseur of school uniforms /laugh. What follows are several cases which Shizuka convinces Nonaka to take up, despite him only liking cases that bring in lots of money.

Overall this was a nice one-off drama. Maki was exceptional in this role, and the school uniforms suited her very well /laugh. It was nice to see Tanihara Shosuke play the perverted lawyer. He pulls it off superbly. I particularly liked his "HATARAKI!" line he shouted at Maki. Brilliant stuff.

Posted byHocchan at 8:06 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment