Why?!

This really hasn't been my week. From almost breaking my laptop to not being able to get a party on Final Fantasy XI, everything seems to be trying to make my life as difficult as possible. Now my CD rewriter drive has well and truly died. It's had a tough old life. Sometimes it wouldn't be recognised by the computer even though there was clearly power going to it. Other times it would screw up my blank CDs for no apparent reason. Today it decided to commit suicide. I had planned on transferring some episodes of 'Hanazakari No Kimi-tachi E' onto CDs today so I went out and bought a stack of 25 blank discs. I inserted the first one into the drive and tried to write the data to disc. A message came up saying that there was no disc in the drive. Oh dear. I tried to eject the disc but for some reason it wouldn't come out. Pressed the button a few more times and got the same result - a lot of whirring noises and then silence. I unscrewed the drive and removed it from the laptop. Opened it up and found the cause of the problem. There was some stupid piece of metal right in the way of where the disc normally goes in or out. It looked like it was meant to be there, but for some reason I'd never noticed it before. It definitely should not be stopping me inserting/ejecting CDs though. I tried several times to push it down but the bastard thing was spring-loaded. Frustrated I tried the brute force method and ended up tearing one of the data cables. Bugger it all to hell! Now I've got no CD drive and several gigabytes worth of data taking up hard disk space.

To solve my dilemma I've decided to purchase an external hard disk drive. I chose a Seagate Free Agent 250GB USB drive from Amazon for £43.99 including delivery. That should be ample space for a long time. The only problem is that Royal Mail have just decided to go on strike for the next few days... ARSE-MONKEY-MUNCHERS! Stop f-ing striking and sort the bloody mail! What the crap do you think we pay our postage charges for?! For you to sod around, eating caviar and doing sod-all work?! For whores sake! Get your act together. The end result of all this naffness is that I won't get my drive until mid-October. I just hope my paltry 5GB remaining space will suffice until then. Stupid Monkey-nut-sucker Royal Mail workers!

Posted byHocchan at 1:41 am  

2 comments:

Mrs, Samaripa 10/10/08 said... 2:34 am BST  

wow! your style of cussing is a turn on :) hope things get better soon!

Hocchan said... 6:05 am BST  

What what? You shouldn't say things like that! Zansho might come round and beat me up /cry.

It's kind of levelling out at the moment. It might start to improve or it could go deeper into the bowels of hell. Only time will tell.

Post a Comment