Namida No Furusato

Is it just me or has it got really cold in the evenings lately? Feels like autumn has crept up without warning this year. It's already mid-October and soon it'll be the season of pumpkins and fireworks. Usually I look forward to the winter months but this year I wish it wouldn't arrive so quickly. I wish I could have enjoyed the sunshine a bit more. Oh well, since it's so cold outside what better way to warm up than sitting in bed watching lots of great Japanese dramas? I've just started 'Hana Yori Dango', a series I'll always remember for being parodied by Hard Gay (really funny Japanese comedian from a few years ago). I've never quite had the urge to watch it though, don't know why. When I finally watched the first episode though it instantly changed my mind about the series. It's another school drama (I seem to like those a lot /laugh) about a highly prestigious school that's controlled by the 'Flower Four', F4 for short. These are four sons of extremely rich parents who pretty much have the run of the place. If you get on the wrong side of the F4 you are served with a red notice and are instantly bullied by the rest of the school.

Makino Tsukushi hopes to get through her days at the school without incident but that wish is shattered when she goes against the F4 whilst trying to protect a transfer student. She is served a notice and starts to get harassed by every pupil in the school. At first she takes the punishment but finally snaps and punches the leader of the F4 in the dining hall. From then on it's a war against the group and the story of how she slowly changes them. It's a really fun series to watch. Perhaps not as much as 'Hanazakari No Kimitachi E' but it's still quite light hearted. There are quite a few famous young actors in the cast such as Oguri Shun and Matsumoto Jun. It's the first time I've seen Inoue Mao, who plays Tsukushi, in a drama but she does a good job. It's going to be a fun few days while I watch the rest of it.

Posted byHocchan at 5:58 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment