Narihajimeta Koi No Bell

Success! I managed to get Valkyrie Profile working at last. I had to buy something called Breaker Pro from a dodgy online shop but it was worth it. I guess it's an investment since I can now play other PSX import games on my PS2/PSX. As for Valkyrie Profile, I haven't had chance to play much of it yet. I'm going to wait until I've completed Silmeria first before I start it properly (might be awhile, the last boss is a bastard). The beginning narrative is pretty long and you have to get through a lot of it before you explore your first dungeon. This is different to Silmeria where it only takes about 30 minutes until you're into your first fight. The battles themselves are practically the same, though it does feel a bit odd how you can't jump around the enemy. The timing of the attacks is also a little different, feels more rigid in a way. The menus are a daunting affair to navigate due to the complicated terminology used. Still, I shouldn't have too much of a problem adjusting. I can't wait to get started on it! One thing that did surprise me about this game was that it was developed by Enix and not Squaresoft as I first thought. Enix is the developer that produced the rival to the Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest. I guess it makes no difference since they merged a few years ago. It's one big, happy family now!

My Horie Yui CD arrived today! Possibly the most expensive single I've ever bought (final cost of over £15/$30 including postage) but it was worth it. I got the first press, limited edition version that comes with a DVD of the promotional video. As it was a first press it comes housed in a digipack rather than the usual plastic casing. The saturation on the pictures seems a bit odd at first glance but you get used to it. Being able to watch the video in full resolution makes it even better than when I first saw it. I'm thinking of doing some screen shots when I get chance. The only problem is that the plastic wrapping makes it a bit difficult to get the case out (yes, I've kept the outer wrapping). I'll see if I'm brave enough to expose it to the atmosphere again at a later date /laugh. I've already copied the songs to my hard drive so I can listen to them at my heart's content. I absolutely love the new single. I'm going to have it on repeat for the whole day I think. All right!

Posted byHocchan at 5:15 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment