Tactical Espionage Action

Some of you may have noticed (if there's actually anyone that bothers to read this! /laugh) the picture at the top of the Blog has changed.

Honda Today G Police Type

The original picture that came with the template was OK, but it was nothing special. I don't know why but I suddenly felt like having something different instead. I had no idea about how I would go about this but I was confident I could manage it.

I started by finding out the dimensions of the picture, which turned out to be 800x123 pixels. After this I looked in my collection of pictures for something suitable for cropping into that size. I ended up with two different header backgrounds. Originally, this picture was published last night but it only stayed for about 12 hours before I changed to the current one! /laugh

The most difficult task was changing the template coding to accommodate my new picture. I have a basic understanding of HMTL scripting, ie. I know about 10 tags! /laugh I found the easiest thing to do was to look through the code and mess around with the attributes. After lots of trial and error I managed to get it all sorted (I think I have anyway). It hasn't crashed on me so everything seems fine! /laugh

The 9th Wave

After all the work that has gone into it, I'm very pleased about how the thing has turned out. It was definitely worth the hours of scanning through code I didn't understand! /laugh Maybe I'll dismantle some more HTML in the future...

Posted byHocchan at 6:32 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment