What Becomes Of Snow?

Anime comes in many different forms. Some are about giant mecha kicking large chunks of metal out of other giant mecha. Others are about an aspiring, young sportsman/sportswoman proving their skills and the hardships they encounter. Some are aimed at boys, some at girls, and the rest somewhere inbetween. There really is an anime for everyone - as long as you're not one of these narrow-minded morons who consider anime to be no more than 'cartoons' for kids. Anime are not cartoons!

The Girl From The Mystic Moon

I would love to tell you what my absolute favourite anime is but I'm not really too sure myself. So I shall take the easy way out and tell 3 of my favourite anime.

Aa! Megami-sama (Ah! My Goddess, Oh! My Goddess)

This was the first anime that I ever bought. I had to place an order for them at my local HMV since they didn't actually stock them in the store at the time. I got them on my birthday 3 years ago and I watched all 5 OVA's in one sitting. I loved it so much I was instantly hooked. When the movie came out on DVD a couple years later I bought it straight away. Probably wasn't as good at the original series but it did have splendid animation and was a worthy addition to the collection. The TV series has just been released in Japan but I haven't had chance to see it yet. Hopefully they have kept the elements that made the OVA's such a firm favourite of mine.

Rabu Hina (Love Hina)

The series that introduced me to Horie Yui and cemented my love of anime. Great animation, amusing storylines and some emotional episodes made this series a winner. The series had 26 episodes, 2 specials and a small second series which allowed a lot of character development. You really felt as if you'd been living with the cast for the last few years. Highly recommended.

Taiho Shichauzo (You're Under Arrest)

Written by the same author as Aa! Megami-sama, this anime has many of the traits that made it so successful. Spanning a whopping 52 episodes in the first series, 26 in the second, 20 in the mini specials and a movie, this is a giant story. And that didn't take into account the Live Action Drama series! The characters in this anime are so well developed they could be based on real life people. Set in Tokyo, it shows the daily life of the traffic department at Bokuto police station and the cases they take on. The underlying plot concerns the relationship between Kobayakawa Miyuki and Nakajima Ken. They obviously like each other but are both too shy to admit their own feelings to anyone. Absolutely compelling viewing.

The Day The Angel Flew

Those are just 3 of my favourite anime that I've watched. Other notable anime that I enjoyed are: Fruits Basket, To Heart, Escaflowne, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kiki's Delivery Service and Metropolis. I hope to add more to this list as time goes by. Can't wait! /laugh

Posted byHocchan at 9:19 am  

0 comments:

Post a Comment